Kinky (would I know?)

The-world-is-quiet-here

The-world-is-quiet-here

Hi!

so the quickest version of this question is, would I know if I was kinky? Like, is it something you just... know about yourself, or do you experiment and kinda figure it out from there?

I'm confused. A friend asked if I was kinky, and I didn't know what to say. I'm not sure if I would like it or not- I mean, I'm not entirely opposed to it, but it's more like... I worry about people seeing me reading about kink or whatever. (I know I can clear my search history, but still.)

If you'd like to share your experiences, it would be interesting to hear different perspectives. :)

Redshirt Jim

According to urban dictionary :

Sexual practices that many people view as wild, unusual, or extreme. Definitions of thisword vary from person to person; 

So really, there is no general term, since we all have different culture and background. Though ussually there are few that most will agree to be 'kinky'

If I can offer advice :
If you considered yourself more brave than you are peers, you are considered kinky, though it could be mild in other set of peers. 
So maybe seeing what the quistoner considered kinky would have helped. 

Live Long and Prosper.

Sorry, not gonna share my experience. You'll just have to wonder in your imagination about my kink ;)
(Excuse the...whatever the above is)
Guest Scarlet Spider

Kinky as in, whips and chains or latex bodysuits?

I merely jest. But I can't deny that it's also very intriguing to me. Think of it this way; compare playing with your food before you eat it to making your sex partner a plaything for entertainment, before intimacy. Things like leather bondage, leash and collar play, and being tied up are a big thing (to other people... I mean!). However, there isn't really a definition on what's truly considered kinky. Some people like having sex with animals while others fantasize about being tortured and humiliated. Where do we draw the line? Lol.

For me something that interests me is the nature of orgasm. "Why do people like it? Do they really enjoy drinking that? Wait a minute he's putting that in her coffee?? And she likes drinking it that way?!!" I have a wide variety of kinks and things I just find fascinating. But I can't really say what's kinky (in my own words) since I haven't done anything like that. I've swallowed some semen before which was alright. Seems to be the norm though whenever I see it on a video or something. Not sure what everyone else's motivation for doing it was, but I wanted to at least try it once. And it was very plain. Some people say it's very salty and bitter, which for the most part is true (mine is apparently), but it also has to do with your diet. If you eat healthier foods and exercise daily then it will taste better (according to some online sources).  

I think you would know by now if you were truly into kink. My ex was very kinky and it was almost a way of life for him, it truly was the most important part of his sexuality and part of the reason we broke up is not only because I'm on the ace spectrum but because I'm very vanilla when it comes to sexual preferences. 

You could be open to kink, or even discover you kind of like it down the road, but if you are a true kinkster I think you would have gone and searched for it by now! 

• 1 month later...
Apathetic Echidna

I was wondering, can you really be kinky if you don't want to participate in the kink in any way? or is it just based on arousal? and how far removed from an actual act does it remain as a real kink? video? still photo? artistic rendition? audio description for vision impaired? work of text? rendition in interpretive dance?

sorry for answering your question with a question(s)

Your unconscious will fill your head with "kinky" thoughts. They are yours and yours alone, and what you do with them is your business.

You can drive yourself crazy trying to extract meaning from those thoughts, or in trying to reconcile them with what others regard as "normal" or "healthy."

Be yourself and find your bliss. Crumple up the labels and discard them.

Archived