Sexual attraction VS sexual desire? Maybe I'm just romanticizing things?(obviously TMI)

idk what the difference is, if there's even a difference. Like, I have sexual desire, but not attraction,if that makes sense? I don't like my female genitals, and I think I'd be more sexual and less sensitive to sexual things if I had male genitals. I have sexual fantasies and enjoy them, even though they make me feel guilty, like they're a bad thing.I never masturbate, because the thought of touching my vagina disturbs me. I've gotten a bit less sensitive to sexual stuff since a friend made me watch hentai last night.

Basically I can't tell if I should stick to calling myself heterosexual, if I' gray-sexual,something else, idk. I might just stick to heterosexual though since it's easier to understand.

EDIT: i think i do actually feel sexual attraction...kind of..i don't know really. It's more light, like "yeah, I'd have sex with that person (usually fictional characters)" or just 'i think that person's attractive'. It's not strong enough to make me feel aroused. I don't feel aroused at all by people or characters, so maybe it's not really sexual attraction (??)

I mean, you can have a desire to have sex, like a libido, but not have a sexual attraction. I mean, you don't like need to find someone to be sexually attractive in order to feel turned on necessarily. Hopefully that answers that. Like, if you don't experience sexual attraction, then you're probably ace. I'd suggest looking up the definition of autochorissexuality, btw. It might have an answer for ya.

As far as I'm concerned, sexual attraction is just *directed* sexual desire.  Wanting to pursue sex with somebody in particular, rather than just wanting sex in general.

• Like 1

I like to explain sexual attraction as analogous to preferences for one's favourite foods, while sexual desire is analogous to being hungry and wanting to eat food. Thus sexual attraction is sexual desire directed towards particular people who have qualities which make them noticeable as appealing and desirable.

I would add that the content of one's sexual fantasies may be taken to provide an indication of the direction of one's sexual attractions/desires, and thus of one's sexual orientation. Therefore, that might be relevant for determining your orientation, even though you have feelings about your body/gender which make sexual activities seem unappealing.

• Like 1