Identifying myself?

I know "ace" is an acceptable term for myself.
I am just now hearing I may wear a solid black ring on my right hand, and that may signify that I am asexual in public.
Are there any other community traditions I should know about? I've known about my asexuality for awhile now, but I'm just now finding the community.

Hello!

There's the thing about cake because "Cake is better than sex/I'd rather have cake, not sex." And cake is often offered to newbies on AVEN and in times of comfort. 

I personally wear a bracelet with the ace flag colors. 

There's a person who does pride dragons. Ace among them.

There are the ace cards. (Diamond, heart, spade, and clubs. All meaning slightly different aces. Heart is for romantic aces and diamond or demiromantic or demiace. Can't remember the others off the top of my head although one of the remaining ones is for greyaros and/or greyaces.)

Can't really think of any other traditions/symbols. Maybe others can add more.

Thanks for the information! I should look into the suit differences for cards, as I usually wear an ace of spades t-shirt.
I'm not sure what a pride dragon is.

It appears as if the ace of spades continues to be quite appropriate. 

3 hours ago, OldSoul said:

I am just now hearing I may wear a solid black ring on my right hand, and that may signify that I am asexual in public.

Fair warning, the black ring only counts on the middle finger of the right hand. Another reason to avoid using it on any other finger of the right hand is because swingers also use black rings on the right hand. Thankfully they are kind enough to acknowledge us and respect our rings.

• Like 2

Ah, thank you. I did know that, but I'll keep the swingers thing in mind.
On that note, no is is going to mistake my button-down shirts, cardigans, and fitted slacks the other way (most likely)..