Children?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Well, how many?

• Some
    • One
    • Never Ever

This poll is closed to new votes

Hermit Advocate

Never. You couldn't pay me enough to deal with that.

• 1 month later...

I like kids but I think life is too much sad to give birth to someone.

I don't want to put more unhappiness to this world :(

I'm not sure whether I'd like to have some or none at all. I'm sure I don't want an only child, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Children are okay... after they reached a certain age. I can't really handle the small ones.

Never wanted my own and still don't plan to. Although I wouldn't have a problem if my future partner wanted to have children and cared for them (I would help them of course).

drjohnhwatson

I always thought that I was against it, but I'm not so certain anymore.  It's just...the thought of pregnancy is too terrifying.  So many things could go wrong with me, or the baby, or both.  And to have a kid, either biologically or adopted, they might grow up to be rapists or killers or just delinquents in general.  Like I watch my sister try so damn hard with her kids, and the one gets a couple detentions every week and refuses to do her homework and refuses to do work at home and steals for fun and she's only in middle school.  Like what if that happens to me?

It's just difficult.  And almost every asexual I talk to vehemently doesn't want children.

flagsforhippos

I love spending time with my little niece and nephew but to have the 24/7 responsibility of having children of my own would turn me into a complete neurotic.

I would like atleast 1 kid at some point of financial security, really just to prove I'd be better than my own parents.

• 8 months later...

@Following Through

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived