Following Through

Children?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Well, how many?

• Some
    • One
    • Never Ever

This poll is closed to new votes

I love kids but deffo not for me. I'll stick to playing with my friends' kids.

divided_sky

No chance. I don't like them, I cherish my freedom to travel, and I'm far too unstable to be a parent. I doubt that is going to change enough in my life for it ever to be reasonable to consider such a thing.

People are having less kids now.... I'd like to believe that it's a good thing for our society and planet in the long run. Also better sex education via internet might have something to do with that too. 

TheLandsBeyond

Possibly adopting someday if I find myself in a position where I can afford it financially and time-wise. Definitely would adopt a teen though to get more of a mentor/mentee vibe.

Ageless Goddess
On 7/12/2017 at 0:01 PM, bonny said:

Never, because I'm too old now. I always assumed I'd "end up having children one day" because "that's what everybody does", but I don't think I was actually that bothered. 

On 7/15/2017 at 6:31 AM, Mink_Seragaki said:

Nope.  I work with children and I'm more than happy to give them back at the end of the day.  Children are way too difficult and I've never had the biological urge to reproduce (and, if I'm honest, the idea of pregnancy creeps me the hell out).

Children, marriage & all that "Society Dictates" is definitely not for everyone. It's not a one size fits all. Individuals are happiest when they choose what appeals to them, then set boundaries when family &  friends question their decision. Children are blessings & deserve to be loved, wanted, cared for & protected against harm. It takes a village to raise a well-adjusted child. We (Society) are mirrors not only for children but for each other as well.  Love is all there is.

MiraMeyneth

No kids for me.

I suck with younger kids, and the fact that I hate the idea of pregnancy would not go well. I can barely stand younger kids, but older kids aren't too bad.

Problem is, I don't want to raise a kid as a single parent. So adoption is out of the question.

Three at the absolute most, but I'd be perfectly fine never having kids.

Digs_Dead_People
54 minutes ago, Ageless Goddess said:

Children, marriage & all that "Society Dictates" is definitely not for everyone. It's not a one size fits all. Individuals are happiest when they choose what appeals to them, then set boundaries when family &  friends question their decision. Children are blessings & deserve to be loved, wanted, cared for & protected against harm. It takes a village to raise a well-adjusted child. We (Society) are mirrors not only for children but for each other as well.  Love is all there is.

I don't really consider them a blessing because, barring a medical or physical reason, everyone can have children.  I also don't think everyone should be in charge of raising children; not everyone likes them and not everyone wants them in their lives.  I do think that if someone wants children, though, they need to care for them properly and love them.

I helped raise my brothers and sisters and they sucked out all the maternal instinct I might have had. Having kids would feel like deja vu and I didn't like it the first time. I was also a teacher and realized I did not interact well with kids (or teens). I just didn't have the enthusiasm or concern for them that other people do. I've imagined my life without kids and I'd be super bummed and resentful if that ever changed. 

Children are gremlins. They may look cute and friendly, but feed them after midnight(or keep them up that long for that matter) and they turn into insane monsters that don't leave you alone. I'd rather have a dog. Or two dogs. 

Kids are wonderful and adorable but I'd make a terrible parent and I'd much rather not be committed. I'm good at being "the fun babysitter," though.

• 4 weeks later...

I honestly don't know. I'm pretty ambivalent. On one hand, I think it would be an amazing and rewarding experience to raise kids, and might give me a great sense of purpose. On the other hand, kids sound like a pain in the butt. Plus, I'm not sure if I want to perpetuate my DNA in this society -- I've got some bad mental health issues (that run in the family to boot), and I don't know if I want to bring people into this world knowing full well that they might loathe their existence. 

SamwiseLovesLife
On 09/07/2017 at 5:37 AM, SkyWorld said:

Image result for nope gif

^ This

Apathetic Echidna

no no never. I don't wish to harbour parasites of any kind in my body. I might be open to becoming a foster carer in the future.

Never mine, I don't want to carry children or have to care for a baby. I don't think I want children in general, but maybe that will change and I will want to adopt one older child. I ticked never ever though, as I wasn't sure if your post referred only to one's own kids.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm childfree by choice.  I don't like children.... at all. I never have. I don't have a single maternal bone in my body. I don't care but if I ever was to o would not date a guy with kids, or who may want them. My late husband said he wanted kids I've day, but was ok without kids after marrying me.

I love children and if my possible future partner wants them, that'd be amazing. If not that would be fine too though.

I'm on my way to becoming a teacher. Even if I never have children of my own, I'll still have my students.

cavalier080854

Children are all right. I just can't eat a whole one.

image322.jpg

I can’t stand brats at all, they are annoying and I don’t want to have anything to do with them whatsoever. When there are brats at a family gathering or somewhere I ignore them. 
I’m also that type of guy who thinks that hotels and holiday facilities where people are forbidden to bring their brats are the best there are, even better if they accept my dog but no bloody toddlers are allowed x'D Bless those businesses ! 
If people like children - what I honestly never understood as I didn't even like other children when I was a child myself - and want to have them great but don’t bring it near me when it screams, cries, complains, demands attention and pollutes the whole area with its noises and wastes everyone’s fucking time with its irrational behaviour. I’d rather stand next to arriving aeroplanes the whole day than hearing a crying, screaming toddler throwing a tantrum next to its incompetent mother in the supermarket for 10 minutes.

Somebodysomeone

Annoying little human factories made for urine fecies and a lot of yelling screaming and crying no no no Kids for me 

I have one, and I'm definitely done. I was planning to be child free and ending up with a child hasn't changed my opinions on that, although I'm very glad that I did have one because she's awesome. ;) 

Somebodysomeone
11 minutes ago, Hayley said:

I have one, and I'm definitely done. I was planning to be child free and ending up with a child hasn't changed my opinions on that, although I'm very glad that I did have one because she's awesome. ;) 

How old is she now? 

2 minutes ago, Somebodysomeone said:

How old is she now? 

She'll turn 7 in a few weeks.

I don't dislike children once they're old enough to converse with. Before then, they kind of creep me out with their blank stares and shambling around. It's like very non-threatening zombies.

However, as far as the notion of having children goes, it's no stretch to say that I'd rather break both my own legs with a sledgehammer. There are few things in this world that hold equal horror to me as the idea of everything involved with having kids does.

No. Never. Had my tubes tied as soon as I was legally able to. I do not dislike children, I just simply have never wanted to have any myself.

At this point in my life I don't think I'll ever have kids (and I'm definitely not pushing one out of my body)

Imsoconfusedughgoshdarnit

I want 3 or 4 but i think I want to adopt and skip that baby phase

Archived