176 members have voted

1. 1. Well, how many?

• Some
    • One
    • Never Ever

This poll is closed to new votes

Following Through

Well, have you?

If you want to keep it between you and god, go right ahead.

Goodbye, money...

Goodbye, free time...

Goodbye forever, friends-- I'm far too busy...

(Never ever)

Never, ever, ever. If I dated I wouldn't date someone with kids because I wouldn't even want to be a step parent.

Grumpy Alien

I would like 2 of 3.

JayDee1212

Hmm...well, I think I'll have to see where I am in life. If I am totally happy and fulfilled in my life without children then I would say no. However, if I'm in my 30s and financially stable then I think I would consider it. Ideally the child would be adopted, preferably a girl because little boys drive me nuts too, and absolutely no more than two kids max. Not sure if one or two would be ideal. But yeah I'd have to be 1000% sure that I could provide for them and give them the life they deserve, otherwise I would never even consider it. 

This planet is messed up enough as is. No need to contribute to that.

It's only online that I see significant numbers of people saying they don't want kids. In real life all of my female friends scrambled in a desperate panic by at least late thirties to get their husband and baby.

AwkwardAxolotl

The only babies I want are fur-babies. When I eventually settle down, I will have a home filled with rescue animals.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I have one adult daughter. when I look back, I wonder what I'd have learnt without her because she taught me so much I'd never have known otherwise. I agree that there are enough people on the planet now, so thankfully she has no plans to have kids herself.

To Each Their Own

Nope. Never!! 

Crazy, but people with kids have actually told me that NOT having children is selfish. I happen to think that the opposite is true. 

If they want to have kids, fine. But I wish they wouldn't try to justify their choices by judging me and trying to convince me that my coices are wrong. Why do people do that?!?

Nope never as I don't think I could be a decent father, and would be a screwed up parent. Don't want to cause that kind of pain to another, knowing what it's like myself with an absentee parent who doesn't seem to care.

On 09/07/2017 at 6:16 AM, Graceful said:

I would like 2 of 3.

2 of which three children? 

Never, because I'm too old now. I always assumed I'd "end up having children one day" because "that's what everybody does", but I don't think I was actually that bothered. 

I like kids and I think having competent parents is important but at the same time, there are more things I can do with my life to make me happy than just be a mother. if I lived 60-100+ years ago, there wouldn't have been much offered to me. Being a parent is a very fulfilling and beautiful and important thing, but I have more options that are just as beautiful and fulfilling and important and i wont' suffer by choosing something else over parenthood. In fact, perhaps I wouldn't even be happy being a parent even if it was all I had offered to me; I'm not going to take that risk when I know for sure what i want to do and how happy it will make me. 

Grumpy Alien
4 hours ago, Acciuga said:

2 of which three children? 

:lol: oops!

I'll take this one and this one

Image result for cute babies

but leave this one

Related image

8 hours ago, Graceful said:

:lol: oops!

I'll take this one and this one

but leave this one

Related image

Good choice 

I wouldn't mind having one, two, three or four with either a future potential frankly-discussed consent of a willing platonic companionate partner or a sperm donor (open ID or anonymous). Most likely through artificial insemination, IVF or surrogate (especially with my current health that needs to be checked) if with a partner or donor if solo, foster or adoption if solo or also with a partner. Having no kids is also okay. Only time and my actions will tell.

Confusion 0

It might be nice to maybe have one kid (Maybe), but they WOULD be adopted. No way am I contributing to over-population.

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

Nope. If i can't send them home to their parents after 5 p.m then hecks no.

Lord Jade Cross

How do I say this Hmmmm, oh yea HELL THE FUCK NO!

Couldn't even if I wasn't allergic to them 

Digs_Dead_People

Nope.  I work with children and I'm more than happy to give them back at the end of the day.  Children are way too difficult and I've never had the biological urge to reproduce (and, if I'm honest, the idea of pregnancy creeps me the hell out).

Archived