• Announcements

• Kelly

New Team members Needed--Moderator, Project Team, and Declass Team: Voting   12/10/13

See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164659-new-declass-team-member-needed-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164657-new-moderator-member-needed-qa-co-mod-and-world-watch-mod-voting/   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/164656-new-project-team-member-needed-resources-and-education-director-voting/  
    • Kelly

AVENues Holiday Special Edition is now live   08/17/17

The new edition of AVENues is done!   See:        
    • Lady Girl

Ace Community Census   11/06/17

It’s time for the 2017 Ace Community Census!   see:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/162675-announcing-the-2017-ace-community-census/  
    • Heart

Help fund AVEN's servers!   11/06/17

AVEN is doing its annual fundraiser to raise donations for server costs! See http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/163251-aven-server-fundraiser/ for more details.  
Lovelykat

So....About the "Hair down there"

will123
On 7/15/2017 at 2:15 PM, Bisexuace said:

I like to shave my area down there because it makes me feel comfortable. Not for anybody else, just me. Just do what makes you comfortable, if you think your anxiety will go away by shaving, shave it (if you like to).

And about your gynecologist, no, they won't think you're gross. In fact, I think they recommend not shaving because it helps preventing STIs and infections. Don't feel bad about your doctor knowing you don't shave, they know that hair is natural!

:)

On 9/22/2017 at 2:43 PM, Evren said:

I used to get really long pubic hair so I would clip it, because it would get stuck in pads and stuff. Which is really painful. I thought about shaving it at one point but then I looked it up and figured out its vital to a healthy bacterial balance so i never messed with it. Now after spending almost a year fixing my poor underarms bacterial balance I will never shave down there.

I don't know if it was hormones or what, but in my late 30s/early 40s (I'm 55 now), my body hair growth took off. Increased greatly from my chest, to my abdomen and pubic region. My pubic hair was such it looked like I was having sex with a Nerf ball.  As a result I started trim my hair down there to a length of 1/4" or 6 mm. A couple of years later I noticed my nudist friend was shaving his genitals. I asked him what was up about that. He said his girlfriend at the time had proposed that they's shave each other as a form of foreplay. He's no longer with her but still shaves down there. 

Fast forward about ten years (two years ago) I asked him at the beach one day about the actual process. He said it wasn't that difficult, just to keep my skin tight and take my time. A few weeks of consideration went by and I took the plunge. It was relatively easy and I had no problems then or going forward to now.

On 10/8/2017 at 0:56 PM, NerotheReaper said:

My opinion is it is your body if you want to shave or not, that is one's choice. It is nice to consider your partners preference, but your partner should also respect what you do with your own body. Shaving down there does take some work, a benefit of shaving down there I can see is if you wear pads you don't have to worry about pulling the hair down there on accident. 

That's the way it should be.

On 10/8/2017 at 9:52 PM, ChillaKilla said:

My own experience:

I really only do a bit off the top, towards my abdomen because it just looks neater IMO. Nobody's seeing it or anything, it's my own preference. Occasionally if I wear a bikini bottom when swimming I'll just make sure nothing sticks out.

If you want to shave, just keep this in mind:
-Use conditioner instead of shaving cream because it makes the hair softer

-Afterwards, use coconut oil or another moisturizer to prevent irritation

-You'll probably be really sweaty in the next few days because the lack of hair makes you sweat a LOT worse

I know it sounds wrong, but I shave before I shower. I've had a bit of redness occasionally, but nothing excessive.

I've had one experience while working in my yard when the front of my briefs and jeans were quite damp. Other than that it has re-occurred.

@Lovelykat Whatever you decide is up to you.

Sera1001

>.< oh god.. I don't even want to think about it. Ehem.. I don't trim it. Ever. That's probably because i'm inexperienced. I've actually been wondering the same thing. Like if people ever shave their pubic hair. I heard that it will itch so much when you do shave it. I only ever shaved my under arm but they said wax was preferred since it grows less thicker?

will123
5 hours ago, Sera1001 said:

>.< oh god.. I don't even want to think about it. Ehem.. I don't trim it. Ever. That's probably because i'm inexperienced. I've actually been wondering the same thing. Like if people ever shave their pubic hair. I heard that it will itch so much when you do shave it. I only ever shaved my under arm but they said wax was preferred since it grows less thicker?

@Sera1001 I can't speak from the female experience, but I haven't really noticed any itching after shaving. There is some discomfort after a week (time to shave) but nothing that would drive a person up the wall.

Theheartyaerie

Hair is hair it doesn't really matter if you have long hair or short hair it's all a matter of what you like just like any other hair on your body. Your hair on your nether regions isn't a bad thing, it actually helps protect your inner bits. For sexually active people it's good for preventing certain STD/STIs because it helps lower the friction which reduces cuts which reduces infection, to whereas sexually active people who shave it all off are more likely to get an infection because the friction is higher causing a higher chance of having cuts. 

veronicaab

I've tried shaving twice out of curiosity and I regretted it both times (so itchy the second it started to grow back at all, which was like a day, plus it looked weird). Once in a blue moon I'll do a bit of a trim. Frankly I think fully grown out hair is a lot prettier than the pubic 5 o'clock shadow I'd inevitably get when I got lazy. It's actually weird to me to think about the fact that other people want to and consequently do shave their pubes. Removing that hair has never been a part of my life. It's not something I think about often. Not shaving isn't a choice for me; it's a default. 

JenniBean79

I much prefer leaving it go. Being a bigger woman it’s not easy trying to shave down there or even trim. It’s so time consuming too. I have shaved from time to time and my skin gets so easily irritated. Plus I grow back quick so then I get incredibly itchy. I only shave the bikini line when I absolutely have to and trim the rest when it starts to get out of control. 

Lockylocks

Shave, trim, epilate ( don't try it unless you hate life and love pain). The only thing I haven't tried is waxing. I sometimes just leave it alone but unless it's head hair, eyebrows or eye lashing I hate having hair on me, and I'll eventually get rid of it. The worst thing about having fast growing hair is that all your hard work is gone by like the next day. If I were blonde, I'd probably let it grow and dye it for fun. 
Ultimately it's all up to you, and you shouldn't care what other's think or do with their pubes. 

will123
1 hour ago, Lockylocks said:

Ultimately it's all up to you, and you shouldn't care what other's think or do with their pubes. 

Perfect!

I had been trimming mine for a couple of years when a friend started shaving his. It took me 10 years to work up the nerve to ask him about it.

He had no problem answering my questions and I later took the plunge and have been shaving for two years now.

TopHatCat

A lot of people grow theirs out. Also, it's NONE OF YOUR PARTNER'S BUSINESS how it looks down there.

I tried shaving it when I hit puberty (shave all the things!) and it was waaaay too stiff. Too itchy and similar to a bunch of splinters. But when it's long it's not as easy to keep clean, like during periods. And it pokes out of my underwear, which bothers me.

I opt for trimming-comfortable yet clean.

will123
On 11/14/2017 at 7:01 PM, TopHatCat said:

A lot of people grow theirs out. Also, it's NONE OF YOUR PARTNER'S BUSINESS how it looks down there.

I tried shaving it when I hit puberty (shave all the things!) and it was waaaay too stiff. Too itchy and similar to a bunch of splinters. But when it's long it's not as easy to keep clean, like during periods. And it pokes out of my underwear, which bothers me.

I opt for trimming-comfortable yet clean.

Not sure why this popped into my head today but I had this thought. If your partner asks you about it and they don't shave themselves 'down there', respond with this, "I'll shave it if you shave yours".

When I initially asked my friend about it several years ago, he said him and his girlfriend of the time made it a part of their foreplay.

ChillaKilla
On 11/23/2017 at 11:38 PM, will123 said:

Not sure why this popped into my head today but I had this thought. If your partner asks you about it and they don't shave themselves 'down there', respond with this, "I'll shave it if you shave yours".

Reveal hidden contents

When I initially asked my friend about it several years ago, he said him and his girlfriend of the time made it a part of their foreplay.

I’m sexual as they come and I find that so weird :lol: