Confusing physical attraction

Someone Else

Someone Else

For the longest time there really was no concept of asexuality, well before the rise of the internet we know today.
I would feel some kind of physical attraction to women, it was very visual and sometimes circling in my mind, distracting sometimes.  It was strong enough that I didn't doubt that I was a straight guy.
But I didn't want sex, I'm sure of that.  I wasn't so sure that kissing was all that great.  I'm not even the most touch-orientated person.  But my thoughts and my eyes, they still liked women.  
Damn that was confusing.
I still sometimes am not sure why I am physically attracted to women.  It doesn't call on me to do anything (like it would for a sexual guy.) It just distracts, without a goal.  I feel sometimes like that's a cursed middle ground.  I want to tell my mind "Either tell me what you want, or leave me alone!" :mellow:
I haven't heard this kind of thing from too many aces.  

You could be mistaking romantic and/or aesthetic attraction for physical attraction (if that helps) I've heard that that happens a lot (myself included). This YouTube video explains the different types of attraction, and a bunch of different things regarding asexuality, pretty well if you want to check it out. Hope I helped and didn't make it worse!:blush:

Someone Else

Yeah the guy at 4:45 sounds about right.  

8 hours ago, Someone Else said:

But I didn't want sex, I'm sure of that.  I wasn't so sure that kissing was all that great.  I'm not even the most touch-orientated person.  But my thoughts and my eyes, they still liked women.  
Damn that was confusing.

This, this right here! I identify with this so, so much. I like looking at attractive guys, and thinking about them...but put me in a room with Zac Efron and I still wouldn't feel any desire to have sex with him! So strange. 

Someone Else

It is weird, wanting to think about, and wanting to look, but not really being too needy about touching.  I don't even know what to do with or about these thoughts... hell, sexual people know what they want in regard to these thoughts. 

On 08/07/2017 at 8:52 PM, Someone Else said:

It is weird, wanting to think about, and wanting to look, but not really being too needy about touching.  I don't even know what to do with or about these thoughts... hell, sexual people know what they want in regard to these thoughts. 

I get you. I have exactly the same problem. It is very distracting and most of the time it's unwanted and intrusive. I have no idea why my brain keeps doing it and don't know if I really am just repressing my sexuality without knowing or not... 

Someone Else

I know in my case it's not sex.  Genitals of any kind don't interest me on any level.  But still, with some people... my brain wants to look, or think about them.  As if I want... something... but not sex and not even as easy as saying it's romance either.  It's just a feeling of being drawn to some people visually or emotionally, without any real goal or plan or purpose.  So yeah, it's often nothing more than an irritating distraction, and it makes me all the more shy around such people, which just can add to the problem. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived