Just published an article on asexuality!

Amber7726

Hi all! I just got my first academic article published on asexuality in Hitchcock's film Marnie. In it I debunk Freud's theory on sexual repression and illustrate how harmful this theory is to asexuals (or at least fictional characters that can be read as asexual). Hopefully some of you will find it interesting!

You can find my article here: http://www.digressions.nl/archive/volume2-issue2/articles_witsenburg/

It would be really cool if some of you would read it, and I'd love to hear what you think!

I have not seen the movie (although I do like some of Hitchcock's films), but found the article to be very well written, as well as interesting and informative. Congratulations and thanks for sharing it! :cake:

Congrats on being published! I've only read part of the article so far, but I wanted to let you know that I find your thesis interesting and well supported. This must have taken a great deal of work to produce! Hope you're proud of yourself. :D

Thank you (and mostly thanks for reading it haha)! I was really excited (and a bit nervous) to publish on asexuality and spread a bit more knowledge about it. Glad it's received well by the asexual community too!

Have seen the movie several times. Liked your paper and gives me something to think about the next time I see it. 

Archived