Are people romantically/sexually uninterested in you ?

Skyl

Do you think there are such things as "uninterested aura" or "lack of sexual aura" ? What about your life experiences ?

I always lacked explicit interest from others, but that could also be attributed to my overall unapproachable personality. 

When I did receive attention, however, it was mostly from women (I am female myself), so maybe there is some quality to me that doesn't feel "straight".

LightsShineBright

Oh I do believe on such things as aura :ph34r:. But my experience led me to believe that it can be somewhat fluid :huh:. And that we can influence it subconsciously or consciously (I think). Not really sure though. It can be just a bunch of coincidences on my part -_-. But I guess it can also be more of psychology or something. People can apparently pick up on stuff subconsciously and create presumptions/assumptions around those stuff. Not sure how it works though :huh:.

So far people pursue me when I don't want them to and some people whose pursuits I found tolerable have been friendly but generally indifferent to me xl. I guess I'm trying to figure it out as well ^_^.

Personally I consider "aura" and some such as utter bollocks :D it's a myth in my book, totally overrated (just like the famous "first impression"), but whatever floats your boat.

I had someone express romantic interest in me a few years back, but I assume that her feelings just took her for a walk after I comforted her a bit when she was rejected by a guy. There's really not much on the "pro" side on my sexual / romantical attractiveness evaluation sheet :lol: so I don't have to blame "aura" or something.

To answer the headline question: Yes.

Hmm possibly - I think there seems to be something about me (probably a combination of physical appearance, dress sense and attitude) that makes people uninterested in me romantically or sexually, which is good with me. I like being unremarkable, it seems lot less stressful:)

Skycaptain

It's highly probable that people subconsciously, through body language, signal "not interested" as opposed to having an "aura" 

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
1 hour ago, Skycaptain said:

It's highly probable that people subconsciously, through body language, signal "not interested" as opposed to having an "aura" 

I agree with that, it's possible also that we "delete"/ignore when others are interested in us. I normally say that guys are not at all into me, but days ago I was telling to someone about my last months a-sexy experiences and I realized that when a guy stopped being interested in me, it came a new one and when that one left, it came a new one and so... :huh:. Uh! 

J. van Deijck

I mostly receive such affection from straight men. simply because my appearance is confusing. ._.

it's annoying.

AwkwardAxolotl

I wish people were romantically/sexually uninterested in me. I get propositioned annoyingly often, by males, females, single people, people in polyamorous relationships, all sorts of people. A few days ago I was invited to have a threesome with a married couple. If there was a way to signal "I'm not interested," I wish I could figure out how to turn it on.

I still haven't figured out if people are generally not interested in me or if I'm incredibly bad at picking up signs of interest.

Someone Else

Sometimes I'd rather have that kind of interest in me than be met with eternal nothing.  

Unfortunately no. I've had a few men act like they've never seen a woman before when they saw me. I've also had some attention from women. One time back when I thought I was a lesbian I went to a gay club with some friends, and a few of the women were all over me for some reason lol.

Alice Woodstock
22 minutes ago, Leolith said:

I still haven't figured out if people are generally not interested in me or if I'm incredibly bad at picking up signs of interest.

Me too, I am very bad of picking up any signs. Some other people point it out sometimes that someone could be interested in my this way, last time I feel bad since I was only seeking a friendship and other people was making assumptions.

I thought for the longest time that I had a really standoffish and negative aura, but when I looked back on my time in high school and college, I was actually relatively well-respected for someone like myself. I think I even had admirers, it's just I was (and still am) really blind to it all cause it never really crossed my mind that someone would be interested in me.

TheCatBehind

I noticed signs from 4 people total, 3 of which were two years younger males lol Also a girl my age seemed to have interest, but since I never particularly cared about a school relationship (I'm in high school) I never gave it too much thought. Plus it wasn't me that had feelings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also the fact that 75% of people that seemed to have interest in me were exactly two years younger males is... I don't know, weird in its own way? Oh how weird school relationship dynamics are.

Kathleenah

I think so, definitely believe in auras/vibes being given off.

In my life only one person has shown an interest in me that way, she was a lesbian and not my sort of thing at all. I just felt so awkward! I think I must give off leave me alone vibes though, because people definitely aren't attracted to me.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

I think most people aren't interested in me for various reasons ( mostly physical though ) but since I'm not really interested in getting close to someone either, it's totally fine actually.

I get a fair share of interested people but it's not really for my appearance. I tend to listen a lot to ppl's worries a lot irl and if I care about you as a friend I'm ride or die so ppl tend to confuse this as a sign of romantic interest.

No matter how I try to look unsexy, not pretty, low profile, and flat out repulsive, I seem to be cursed with eternal beauty D: 

Everyone thinks I'm "cute" or "sexy" and I just want to NOT be bothered. I care less about my appearances... 

Seriously I'm sick of breaking every heart I come across, but what choice do I have?

Honestly, I thought that I came off as a distant shadow, void of care or emotions. I'm just now realizing, to my despair, that everyone thinks I'm a "cutie." 

Sometimes I feel like a bad, loveless person because even romance makes me nauseous.

considering I only know straight men, I'd hazard a guess that there's no one interested in me in either way :P

I don't believe in 'auras' though, people like certain traits in people, and if you exhibit those traits they'll maybe be interested. Or you don't exhibit those traits, and they don't have their hormones in check. 

29 minutes ago, Debaser said:

considering I only know straight men, I'd hazard a guess that there's no one interested in me in either way :P

I don't believe in 'auras' though, people like certain traits in people, and if you exhibit those traits they'll maybe be interested. Or you don't exhibit those traits, and they don't have their hormones in check. 

I am totally not a straight man!! :P

In regards to the OP, I do actually believe in that kind of aura.. it's like BAM you just know you like that person even if you don't know them that well and may not have even seen them if you met them online before seeing a pic of them. Love is so weird lol

1 minute ago, FictoVore. said:

I am totally not a straight man!! :P

In regards to the OP, I do actually believe in that kind of aura.. it's like BAM you just know you like that person even if you don't know them that well and may not have even seen them if you met them online before seeing a pic of them. Love is so weird lol

You know I meant people near me. :P (hint hint, hurry up and fly over here) :ph34r: 

And you are totally right. You are absolutely not a straight man. :P 

One of my friends once implied that I look like I'm disgusted by other people's touch, and two others have sensed this "don't touch me" vibe (probably because I don't hug people very much). I wasn't aware of that, so I guess that I also don't give a "please, hit on me! I'm available!" vibe. :P Being unattractive also helps a lot, especially if you're female... Well, unless you're unlucky enough to become a target (dealing with mean comments is never fun), but if you are lucky, you'll just be ignored and treated as if you were invisible, which has some advantages. Even though I'm not aro or ace, not having to deal with people being interested in me can be a huge relief.

On 7/3/2017 at 1:28 PM, Skycaptain said:

to clarify, I use the word ''aura'' to describe a combination of all the psychological&biological, subconscious and conscious signals you exhibit, not ''aura'' as in spiritual or other energy you emit. 

On the other hand, I'm often mistaken to be showing sexual/romantic interest in males. Although I guess that's just sexuals seeing everyone as sexuals.

Really I don't know if people are romantically interested, want a friendship or just a nice evening in a restaurant. As some want to meet again, I must be attractive in some way. But as I don't get the difference if they want a friendship or a romance, I act as aiming towards a friendship. When I maybe feel romantic attraction sometimes later, they are not interested in romance with me.

Digs_Dead_People

I generally think people are uninterested.  The only dates I've been on have been through OKCupid and those never panned out, partially because they were straight, cis-men and it turns out I'm not really into that sort of things.  I know I have a stand-off-ish vibe that goes on and it's always been hard to meet people because I have RBF on top of a confident walk and posture.  

My five year streak of no relationship seems to suggest people aren't interested in me.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Nobody is interested in me in that way, thank goodness, right now, I think it would take a particularly dense person not to see I'm off limits, thanks to my demeanour.

idk about auras too much but a lot of people often comment on mine saying its amazing *shrug* i also get a a lot of attention from people wanting relations with me although always sexual.

MiraMeyneth

I've only ever had one guy express interest in me. On the other hand, he also flirts with anything he perceives as female that can walk. Considering most dudes I've met don't seem to express romantic interest, I probably give off vibes. I wear baggy shirts (and in the fall/winter, massive hoodies) that hide my small chest, never make eye contact, don't really use makeup to hide acne, wear glasses, have incredibly weird/niche interests, and look tired most of the time probably all come together to create the ultimate "boner kryptonite". Not that i'm complaining, considering my orientation. 

My mom often wishes I would dress more "feminine", but I really don't care. There's probably a whole "Don't make a move on me because I don't care about you" type vibe I give off, tbh.

Archived