Is it possible for an asexual to be a rapist?

I mean....sure...?

You'd have to ask an Asexual rapist.:huh:

Though, my guess would be if someone experiences a sexual attraction to this behavior, then they are not Asexual.

Edited by Tja
  • Like 4

Depends on the individual? 

Rape seems an element of warfare in some parts of the world. I'm confident I could stand guard or even coerce victims to cooperate with a comrade (if ordered and believing in my side's success) but doing the act feels beyond my means. I'd rather volunteer for something else.

Yes.

I suppose, but I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason that isn't sexual or emotional pleasure based and thus disqualifying the asexuality. So I'd like to know why lol.

• Like 3
Planet Ace

Ummmm . . . maybe? Idk. I liked to think not, but I suppose it is a definite possibility, even if I can't think of good reason why anyone would want to do that, let alone an asexual. 

• Like 3

asexual =/= defective body/organ, IF an asexual want to sexually insult someone for fun or whatever reasons they could. The chances are...asexual are very,very unlikely to commit sexual related crime... 

Member4445

Action does not equal orientation. 

Especially in cases of rape. Theres a lot of straight men who have raped or were raped by straight men. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tja said:

You'd have to ask an Asexual rapist.:huh:

Though, my guess would be if someone experiences a sexual attraction to this behavior, then they are not Asexual.

Rape isn't about sexual attraction. It's about power.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, .Lia said:

Rape isn't about sexual attraction. It's about power.

Yes, but it still requires a sexual response.

I mean, the way everyone feels about cake, around here; Is it an Asexuals response to f**k it?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Tja said:

Yes, but it still requires a sexual response.

I mean, the way everyone feels about cake, around here; Is it an Asexuals response to f**k it?

A physical response isn't indicative of sexual attraction, either. Women are always told that orgasming during sex doesn't mean they wanted it, or that they were attracted to their attacker. It's a purely physical response.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, .Lia said:

A physical response isn't indicative of sexual attraction, either. Women are always told that orgasming during sex doesn't mean they wanted it, or that they were attracted to their attacker. It's a purely physical response.

I agree! My point is: an Asexual shouldn't be aroused to the point of wanting sex. Using sex in their power play shouldn't occur to an Asexual. IMO.

An Asexual shouldn't be thinking of using sex as a weapon...as a rapist does.

No offense, but we are talking about the rapist, not the victim

Edited by Tja

As far as I know, rape/incest is more about control and power than about sex. I guess the arousal/stiffening of the rapers "instrument" could be due to excitement about taking control of someone. 

• Like 1
LightsShineBright

Yes I guess. Just to not write off the possibility. But I find it hard to find a specific compelling reason tbh.

(This is very interesting btw. I guess I'll be lingering around. Yup.)

• Like 1
UglySlothFace

Rape doesn't necessarily have to include the rapist's own body. A foreign object could also be used, which means the rape would require no sexual arousal or attraction at all. Rape can be a wish to harm, cause trauma and humiliation, or used as torture in war, for example. That's why I at least think it's possible for an asexual to be a rapist.

Rape is about power and punishment. Some parts of world such as DRC use this as a weapon of war and to terrorise the population in some cases. ISIS uses it as a weapon as well.

Rape can include foreign objects not necessarily body parts.

You can be an asexual with a fucked up mind who wants to make someone miserable.

So, I will speak for myself as an asexual person .... Physically, there is nothing stopping me from committing such an act; but there is nothing I can think about that could possibly motivate me want to engage in non-consensual sexual activity. Hell, I don't even want to engage in consensual sexual activity, why on earth would I want to go through the additional trouble of engaging in non-consensual sex ?

Strictly speaking, the answer to the OP's question is yes, but improbable.

• Like 1

If the argument is going to be for foreign objects, then, yes. Every person in the world, regardless of sexuality, is a potential rapist.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tja said:

I agree! My point is: an Asexual shouldn't be aroused to the point of wanting sex. Using sex in their power play shouldn't occur to an Asexual. IMO.

I don't agree. Power can cause physical arousal. And the rapist doesn't want sex. They want to control their victim. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Tja said:

Putting this in spoilers as I go into a little bit of detail that others may not be OK reading

Sex is a way to exert control and power over a person that you can't achieve with many other methods. It's also a perfect way to inflict emotional and mental torture, for years, on their victim. It's a weapon and asexuals can wield it the same as anyone else. I've had it used against me and it's a unique torture. You can cause a person to hate their own body and for the rest of their lives,  things that they at one time loved will be major sources of anxiety for them, if you do it right. All in the span of an hour or less. The rapist can know that they will have some control over that person's life potentially forever. That isn't something you can really get from a lot of other things. So, if an asexual knows that power is available to them, even if they don't particularly care about the sex, they might choose it if they're that sort of person. Though, they might choose something else if they could think of something that would have the same result. 

There is nothing in asexuals that prevents them being able to get physically aroused, with stimulation. Even if they had to masturbate a bit to get physically capable. But, then, yes, there are also foreign objects as others have said.

2 hours ago, .Lia said:

I don't agree. Power can cause physical arousal. And the rapist doesn't want sex. They want to control their victim. 

Ah. - I thought it was about sexual self service. But anyhow; I don't get any kicks of controlling people, especially strangers. If I ever get violent, it will be most likely considered a different crime than rape.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Laurann said:

I was under the impression that rape was about the exercise of domination and control over a person, rather than about attraction or desire

2 hours ago, .Lia said:

That would still be desiring sex for emotional pleasure and thus not Asexual.

• Like 1

Sorry to spam the thread. - I updated my knowledge and say "yes" now. - I just read that hacking into others' Internet controlled sex toys can be considered "rape" in a couple of countries.

11 hours ago, Soldier455 said:

Very weird question, I know.-

Rape and Sex are acts

not a sexuality