Treat yo'self

Snao Cone

What kinds of things do you indulge in to reward yourself when you feel like you need or deserve it? I've gone for a couple luxury massages at fancy spas before. Sometimes I get manicures (and proceed to mess up the nail polish right after :P).

Do you do anything relaxing? Do you buy nicer things when you feel you can justify it? How far do you go to spoil yourself? 

6360601649087323211286208400_tumblr_nxcz

I would buy a really expensive dress or shores. Like £100-200 that kind of expensive.... just for the look of it and I might never wear them at all. Or browse through steam and buy whatever games I like and play it for whole day.

swirl_of_blue

Ice cream or chocolate, sometimes hot (or in the summer icy) cocoa with a bit of cream liqueur. If I want to really eat out I'll go have sushi. I don't have a lot of money to spare, so if I want to spoil myself I usually just end up getting something nicer-than-normal to eat.

I got myself a milkshake a few days ago.

Messages sound wonderful. It's not really a treat because I eat it so often but I love dark chocolate. I also really like D&D books and fancy multi-sided dice. I love looking at things in D&D stores when I see them. 

J. van Deijck

hot baths with awesomely scented oils or something.

preparing some nice food.

or even buying a new eyeliner or a piece of clothing :P like I'm going to buy these boots I talked about already because I feel I deserve them now - I have earned money through hard working.

I go to the library or the bookstore. Sometimes, I'll stop and get a favorite drink from a local food chain (it's called the Red Stuff [a mix of tea and cranberry juice] $$ and comes from a place called Flying Star).

Sweet treats (I'm a big dessert fan)

Walk in the woods solo or with a good friend

Swimming in the ocean

Giving myself a day (or part of a day) to do absolutely nothing except maybe watch something silly, or a bunch of horror movies

Buying new books to read

Candy. I have to watch my sugar/net carb intake due to my reactive hypoglycemia, but dammit sometimes I deserve some candy!

Or sometimes I'll buy some anime merchandise.

Anthracite_Impreza

Duvet day.

Good tea, or book sometimes something sweet treats it depends on why I need at the moment. 

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

Drink tea.

Meditate.

Watch documentaries on PBS.

Exercise

Watching anime

Watching animal planet

Reading encyclopedias

Drawing.

That is how I treat myself :)

Nothing? Lol

My mom occasionally takes me out for a pedicure or to get my hair donr...But the whole concept of rewarding yourself for doing anything is weird to me. I don't need to be rewarded for trying, and we end up making excuses for ourselves anyways, and it just breeds weakness of the mind. You should only reward yourself when you accomplish life goals, or long term goals. Then it is more meaningful and healthy for the mental strength.

Autumn Season

When I am satisfied with myself and life, then I do things like sleeping early, cooking healthy food and contacting my friends.

When I am very stressed out, then I become an introvert and binge on a computer game or chocolate.

When I want to treat myself on purpose, then I always first consider things like AVEN and sweets.

Every day after school, I went to the store and bought coffee and a candy bar. I didn't realize how much that added up until it was too late.

drjohnhwatson

I buy Funko Pop figures sometimes.  I only have like 30-some, and many were gifted to me via my birthday and Christmas, so that shows you how often I truly splurge.  :lol:.  I also like to buy bath bombs and bath melts from Lush.  I'd like to purchase more of their things to enjoy; they truly are splurges as even one little thing can really add up from there!!

• 1 month later...
TheNerdyOne

My friends and I will often have Treat Yo'self days :) Our favorite places to hit are Hot Topic and Barnes & Noble. We love Funko Pops. Probably the most unusual thing I've gotten during one of our Treat Yo'self Days is about a five inch tall, gorgeous looking Buddha statue. I'm not actually Buddhist-I just love Buddha statues. They're so happy and peaceful. Kind of ironic, since when I was little they used to scare me...for some reason XP

But when I'm treating myself on my own, it's either art supplies (because I'm a raging artist), books, chocolate/Ben & Jerry's, Funko Pops, or Starbucks. Sometimes a little combination of everything.

I'll usually go buy myself some cute jewelery or a top or order myself one of those fancy Starbucks drinks (I normally am morally against paying $5 for a glorified syrup concoction that's 90% ice, lol) 

I also treat myself to fun event type things, like in the winter I'll rent some ice skates or go to the movies or to a cheap local concert, that kind of thing. 

Oh, and a nice new book of course! I usually just borrow them from the library I work at, but sometimes I splurge to add to my collection :)

Grumpy Alien

Food.

Mani/pedis.

Massages.

Naps.

Shopping.

• 2 weeks later...

For me treating myself is usually buying higher end stuff on menu at the Chinese place near Uni. On a normal day I'll usually have the rice and noodles if I'm treating myself I'll either have ma po or pepper tofu.

Don't really think I have a go to treat myself thing. Maybe a cider or 2 but even then it's a rare thing I get to treat myself.

J. van Deijck

I'm gonna buy this respirator for myself, does it count? :3

10 hours ago, alpha decay said:

I'm gonna buy this respirator for myself, does it count? :3

Are you using it recreationally? :P I don't think medical help that brings a person up to a standard level of physical comfort should count as a luxury.

I got a pedicure on Friday.

The nearby pet store adopts out accidental litters so sometimes I go there to play with the puppies and kittens.

A new bra is nice treat when I come into a good amount of money. 

Elftober Country

I take a drive to the coast to see the sea.... even if it is brown ^_^

Pedicures and massages, definitely. Ice cream from an actual ice cream shop. Also shopping of any sort.

I really like eating out. I'd occasionally treat myself with a meal at a restaurant or something. Recently though, I found that I prefer "smaller" treats; like a fancy coffee (coughcoughStarbuckscoughcough) or getting ice cream with boyface. Maybe just psychologically, I've found the smaller treats makes me feel like the budget for eating out is "bigger" and still, if not more, rewarding.

J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, Snao Çoñé said:

Are you using it recreationally? :P I don't think medical help that brings a person up to a standard level of physical comfort should count as a luxury.

nah it'snot that medical one :D

apatrickwsu

maybe it is too on the nose, but marathon watching parks and rec is a treat.

Archived