Your ideal asexual future

mori child

QualityReviewer

My ideal future: 

2-3 bedroom apt w/  roommates, qpr, or myself.

Foster rescued kittens like they do in kitcats YouTube videos. That way I can meet new kittens and cats without becoming a crazy cat lady. 😊

Work from home doing nothing too stressful. 

Fun things to do: reading, watching Netflix, going out 2 movies, exploring area by bus, sitting side by side. Just enjoying being together. 

My idea of "romance" is playing video games, discussing favorite tv shows and OTPs. 

Travel as much as I can safely can. (Medical issues so don't think I should go anywhere with too many health hazards). 

Regarding how I want to travel is either by Airbnb or become a housesitter/pet sitter so I can go check out new places without worrying about rent and see if it would be a nice place to move. 

I hope I'm allowed to post this without properly introducing myself in the welcome lounge. I'm on a phone right now. 

@QualityReviewer. Welcome to AVEN 🎂 🎂 :cake::cake:

DoctorWhatPhD

My ideal future? Hmmm....

I'm a professional writer known for increasing the representation of ace people in the media. 

Less realistically, I'm living on my own with a steady income and good health insurance. Oh if only that could be true.

• Have a successful career working with children
  • Hopefully be in a relationship where my boyfriend accepts my asexuality and enjoys binge watching to shows and movies with me
  • Have a home I love
  • A few dogs
  • A room full of books
  • Just enjoying life 
Hermit Advocate

Crazy Cat Lady. 

And maybe a llama. 

AwkwardAxolotl

I'm not ready to settle down yet, but if/when I am I'd like:

- 1-2 bedroom house

- large vegetable garden

- small orchard

- couple of goats

- chickens

- a horse

- dogs and cats (all rescues)

- friends that I don't live with, but hang out with on a regular basis.

- someone who can take care of my animals/gardens when I travel on vacation

All the little Lights

-live in a (religious?) community where being queer is absolutely respected

-have/keep friends

-have a dog

-Being a physics professor and discover new things

-Be a godparent, or babysitter to kids of my friends/siblings etc.

-live near/in the forest

-go everywhere by bike

• I'm a published, moderately successful, author
  • I live with my two best friends, and begrudgingly sometimes, their partners if they have any at the time. (Ideally, just my best friends)
  • My friends each have one cat
On 27/06/2017 at 9:44 PM, OliV said:

-I live with between one and three of my closest friends and am potentially married to one of them. 

- I am a professor of math or physics at a small school where I can do music in groups with students and other faculty

- I have a house filled with music that I can do as much or little as I want since it is essential stress release for me

- potentially adopt a child, if not have pets

- live in the country, doesn't matter which country, just not densely populated. 

- have access to more densely populated places

- get to do research I enjoy with students I enjoy, but do more teaching than anything else

Basically student accommodation lol....

MiraMeyneth

Guess i'll give it a try:

-A small house, for one or two people max.

-Three cats, a bird, and maybe a small snake, because snakes are cool.

-Working from home, with getting income by doing graphics for companies and art that I sell.

-Start getting back into music, produce some electronically.

-Start a figure collection

-A nice office, with a bunch of gaming consoles.

-A fellow ace platonic partner, someone to cuddle who won't take it a sexual way. Maybe we'd marry for tax benefits?

I can't think of anything else.

melisestel

Being 29 and having just recently realised I'm aromantic asexual, it occurred to me that I was failing to have dreams of my own and was still waiting for that "inevitable" falling in love and getting married.

Realizing that I never actually wanted that for myself and that that is completely okay has been so freeing (also scary, but I'm trying to keep positive about it - and this exercise is so helpful for that!!)

So I'm going to put some more money away for a down payment and in a few years, here's where I see myself:

• I own a little one story house with a fenced yard for my dog and a walk-out patio that I have breakfast on when the weather's nice.
  • I work still doing some sort of admin work but maybe for a bigger company that is able to pay better and where there's a bigger team of nice people I work with.
  • I look after my sister's kids on the weekends sometimes when she & her husband work or need a break.
  • Once my nieces/nephews are old enough to enjoy it, I'm looking at adopting a second puppy.
  • I have my family and friends over for barbecues in the summer and board game nights in the winter.
Toothlesss

My ideal future.

• I live in a semi-rural area, close to farms but still close to things I want to do. Also close to places like Asheville, Greenville SC, and other nice cities.✔︎
  • I make an income from art and writing. Ideally high. 
  • Traveling. 
  • Single. Don't want a partner. 
  •  I'm not  bothered by a certain biological monthly visitor. 
Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

My ideal future:

• I live in the suburbs!
  • I would live in a 5 bedroom house.
  • I'd live with my romantic partner, my QPR, or I would live single.
  • I would have a pet or two.
  • Live near a Church, so it would be easier to attend.
Binary_fiction

My ideal future?

- I can freely live my gender identity without being insulted or assaulted for it,

- I work in the medical field,

- I either live by myself or with someone else as a roommate,

- I own a low maintenance property like a condo of some sort,

- I eat sushi all the time and my fridge is always full of good stuff. ^^

A small, cheap flat in a cheap area. 

A friend or two that don't make me want to throttle them after 2 hours. 

Some kind of relationship that makes me feel happy. 

A fluffy, super low-maintenance pet. 

I don't think I'm asking too much. :D 

Galactic Turtle

Oh wow! Hmm... I've gotten to enjoy life quite a bit already but lemme think...  

1. Living in a women's boarding house where I help with cleaning and general maintenance.

2. Living in a city or town where I'm heavily involved with the arts community.

3. Continuing to stay in touch with friends around the world even if they don't live near me.

4. Being on good terms with my family and having something value to contribute on the holidays.

5. Helping out with a local church's schooling program.

6. Publishing all kinds of short stories and novels online.

7. Finding local discussion and interest groups focused on STEM topics.

Live either in a one or two-storey spacious home or an apartment/condominium.

Preferrably with one to two bedrooms and one to two baths for me and visiting family, relatives or friends. Three rooms if I live with a future platonic companionate partner.

Decor and furniture is minimalistic with neutral and pastel colors. With natural light coming from the windows in the morning and centralized airconditioning/heating throughout the property.

A spacious modern kitchen with all the appliances I need for cooking and baking and a lot of storage space or better yet a huge walk-in pantry and stockroom.

Pets are welcome. Maybe a dog and/or a cat.

It may sound expensive, but I want a jacuzzi bathtub on the master bath/en suite 'cause I'm a massive ignorant sucker for tubs and bubbles xD

Working and/or studying overseas. I've been considering moving to Singapore once I've had enough money and work experinces here to get a job and/or study another course.

Location's close or within the vicinity of the closest bus stop and/or MRT station and hawker centre.

Hopefully I'll formally be out as a gray-aro gray-ace in the future.

I can either be in a long-distance or close platonic companionate partnership or stay single.

Kids are something I'm considering in the distant future; whether co-parenting with a platonic companionate partner under openly-discussed agreements and with both our consent or as a single parent by choice through sperm donor (open ID, partner's or anonymous) artificial insemination, IVF, surrogacy, foster or adoption. Not having kids is also an okay situation.

Hopefully, I can finally learn how to drive and own my very first car.

7 hours ago, Debaser said:

A small, cheap flat in a cheap area. 

A friend or two that don't make me want to throttle them after 2 hours. 

Some kind of relationship that makes me feel happy. 

A fluffy, super low-maintenance pet. 

I don't think I'm asking too much. :D 

You want a pet?? Haha Reginald the Second :P

6 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

You want a pet?? Haha Reginald the Second :P

A hamster that hungry would kind of ruin the 'cheap' aspect of life, he'd eat away all my riches. :P 

a small place somewhere not to far from town 

a cat and a bird

good money 

hobbies 

a forge i can blacksmith in.

a relationship with someone because i'm a romantic

Ideally in my future, I'd like to have a stable job in physics field and be able to still act or perform on stage. I also want to have a dog, or two, to keep me company. I also would like to be more confident and feel happy about myself.

1 hour ago, Debaser said:

A hamster that hungry would kind of ruin the 'cheap' aspect of life, he'd eat away all my riches. :P 

You'd just have to eat the hamster in that case :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, FictoVore. said:

You'd just have to eat the hamster in that case :ph34r:

Poor Reggie 2, he was a fine pet.

And a finer meal.

Aw this is such a cute thread! Here's mine:

- I'm working in some kind of biology lab in Southern Ontario, maybe in some kind of disease research 

- I live in a very small, probably older house with a small yard for my dog to play in and a cute garden and a tree

- I have a dog and a cat, both snuggly 

- I have a small group of close friends that I spend time with regularly (every week) and we play board games and eat good food and watch movies 

- I do community theatre on weekends and still take singing or piano lessons in my spare time 

- my house is filled with many houseplants and comfy seating and general coziness

- I maybe have a QPP if I find someone I can connect with like that and we cook for each other, watch tv, and cuddle

• Traveling A LOT
  • Having a job that I don't hate but still pays the bills
  • Maybe explore some of the things I don't really have time for right now (music, writing, etc.)
  • At least one dog
  • Eventually live somewhere I love
  • Have the time to just do things out of sheer curiosity
  • 2 weeks later...

-small apartment, clean and relatively new 

-QPP or extremely close friend, preferably female, who is willing to live in the same apartment but separate beds. Someone funny and kind who I trust. 

-Plenty of money for fun things I enjoy...enough cash to buy books, video games, movies, etc. 

-A good job, preferably in the arts (I'd love to be a cartoonist or illustrator) 

-Remain close to all my friends and siblings 

sweetbitter

I dream about meeting an asexual guy irl, who would eventually become my QPP/boyfriend or even a husband (and a bonfire instead of a wedding party). We would adopt a child and a dog, live in an apartment or small house. I'd be a freelancer working from home, but sometimes I would go to a coffeshop nearby with my laptop and work there with a cup of tea and an oatmeal cookie. Evenings I would spend with my family, playing boardgames or watching movies. I'd have like 2 or 3 best friends, and we would see each other a couple times a month, at least. 

- Don't know about a relationship... I don't think I'm aromantic (who knows) but it isn't something I think about when I think about the future...

- I'm wanna work in design (most likely web design) but still be able to travel sometimes (maybe for work even)

- one or two rats ;)

- keep in touch with family 

- I'm Chief Medical Examiner of a district

- Asexual male Jewish platonic spouse

- Couple patents

- Private library, with separate personal reading room

- House where at least several rooms have no windows

- Pilot license

Archived