Asexual Flag and Symbol!?

Chip123

I cannot stress enough how much I dislike the half-shaded trangle.

It signifies that a part of the person is missing, and it would be best not to denote the group with such a message.

I have to agree, here. There really is suggestion of being only partially fulled in that image.

Personally, a grey triangle is still my preference.

marker.jpg

After all, with all the colours that are associated with homosexuality (and with sexuality in general), it seems fitting to emphasize that just as there are various hues of sexual interest, there are also various shades.

Thanx! :D

Grey triangle all the way.

But you would think that the triangle for A-sexuality would point up (like the letter A) and not down.

violeteyedsoul
Thanx! :D

But you would think that the triangle for A-sexuality would point up (like the letter A) and not down.

Yeah!

That's the EXACT same thing I thought!

And I like the idea of an Upward pointing triangle better than a Downward pointing one anyway.

It'd be FAR better for making a logo for ourselves.

:-D

violeteyedsoul

OH!OH!OH!

*jumps up & down with hand raised*

I'M A GRAPHIC NERD!

I'M A GRAPHIC NERD!

Oh, did you mean yourself (jaybird721)?

LOL!

:lol: :lol:

Well how 'bout this?

GreyA.jpg

*rumbles around in pocket*

*tosses in 2 cents*

I like the triangle we have on the AVEN bar now. Especially because it has shadings of grey. As a symbol I don't think it needs words added to it. If used for visibility, then the website address could just go somewhere near it. If it were on a t-shirt or something for example.

violeteyedsoul

Well how 'bout this?

GreyA.jpg

mmm.

Well, it's a bit too much like the Jewish star, or the like Masonic Lodge Symbol that they have down here where I live , or whatever.

I was thinking something where you could combine the triangle and letter together in one.

My thoughts entirely.

Just try an upward facing grey triangle and see how it looks on a lighter grey field.

Actually, also put a black line that strikes through the center of the triangle horizontally. (like the letter A), but have it stick out of the triangle on both sides.

My thoughts entirely.

Just try an upward facing grey triangle and see how it looks on a lighter grey field.

Actually, also put a black line that strikes through the center of the triangle horizontally. (like the letter A), but have it stick out of the triangle on both sides.

Like this? Feel free to keep suggesting things and I will just keep modifying it.

OmnisgreyA.jpg

violeteyedsoul
My thoughts entirely.

Like this? Feel free to keep suggesting things and I will just keep modifying it.

OmnisgreyA.jpg

MMM.

NO to me that looks a bit too much like the anarchists symbol.

here I'll TRY making what I was thinking of and posting it.

Gimme a Min.

<:-D

violeteyedsoul

Here I was thinking something more like this.

(MAN! it took FOREVER for me to make these! LOL! I've gotta learn Fireworks! LOL!)

Of course the colors could be changed, and whatnot. But this is what I mainly had in mind.

:-)

Although, the top one looks a bit tot much like some other symbol I've seen. Can't put my finger on which one.

<a>AVENLogoIMADEThickBase400x267.png</a>

OR

<a>AVENLogoIMADESMALL400x267.png</a>

AVENLogoIMADEThickBase400x267.png

OR

AVENLogoIMADESMALL400x267.png

I couldn't see them without working so I thought I'd help others out. Hope ya don't mind.

I use powerpoint. It is pretty quick for simple lines and shapes and colors.

I think I prefer the first image over the second, because the second one pretty much just looks like the letter A. Question, though: what happened to the idea of having the horizontal line in the middle of the triangle extend out of the triangle?

violeteyedsoul
No, not for me....you can see them?

Yeah I could.

Let me try and past another link.

By the way can you see the little Star Trek poster in my Sig.?

violeteyedsoul
I think I prefer the first image over the second, because the second one pretty much just looks like the letter A. Question, though: what happened to the idea of having the horizontal line in the middle of the triangle extend out of the triangle?

I don't know about others, but I thought it looked a bit too much like the Anarchist symbol.

Wow, the one that looks like the anarchists' symbol looks exactly as I wanted it!

You understood my description perfectly. I thought for a second that I had uploaded it.

Anarchist, Asexual, we are rebels. :D

• 1 month later...

Personally, I feel the whole triangle idea should be thrown out, and something unique drawn up. The triangle (both the word and shape) to me illustrates the symbol for homosexuality. Also, the use of lavender is far too close to pink.

Personally, I feel the whole triangle idea should be thrown out, and something unique drawn up. The triangle (both the word and shape) to me illustrates the symbol for homosexuality. Also, the use of lavender is far too close to pink.

How about magenta, or indigo (my favourite colour!)?

But yeah, the triangle is a little... unoriginal. But do we actually NEED a symbol? Perhaps a cute little amoeba critter could suffice! n__n

Kevyn.

THIS is my objection: the downward pointing triangle is an ancient symbol of femininity, being a representation of female genitalia. it was the word "woman" in ancestral idiographic languages. the star of david / jewish juxtaposes the male symbol (triangle) and female symbol (inverted triangle) and in alchemy would be an androgynous symbol just as the symbol of mercury.

i think a rhombus would be better. with "A" in the top and "V" on the bottom, or something like that. the triangle with an "A" inside is a good idea too.

I, too, have a strong dislike for the triangle and the lavender/purple color due to it's similarity to homosexuality.

Not that there's anything wrong with homosexuality. It just feels like we have such a hard time establishing an identity that being sporting a color & symbol virtually identical to something else doesn't help much. If that makes sense.

And actually, Sirach, I like the notion of a little amoeba symbol quite a bit, in a whimsical kind of way.

violeteyedsoul
I, too, have a strong dislike for the triangle and the lavender/purple color due to it's similarity to homosexuality.

Not that there's anything wrong with homosexuality. It just feels like we have such a hard time establishing an identity that being sporting a color & symbol virtually identical to something else doesn't help much. If that makes sense.

And actually, Sirach, I like the notion of a little amoeba symbol quite a bit, in a whimsical kind of way.

That's EXACTLY the way I felt.

thank You

:-)

Took the words right outta my head!

lol!

:-D

Archived