Treating friends more like family: Platonic polyamory?

Bokekuma

So as the title suggests, I consider my friends to be a second family to me and I love the concept. Ever since I was younger I've been moving around quite a lot and have always made friends really easily, no matter where I go. I only just had my first relationship 3 years ago with a guy from school that I was friends with and it didn't end on very good terms on my end (he dumped me because I chose our mutual friend over him) and I haven't been with anyone since. In the last few years I've had 2 people ask me out and I've said no to both of them, but the thing is they're both a part of my second family and even hated each over for a while because they both had feelings for me. Now the one has a girlfriend (who's also a part of the family) and is like a brother to me and the other is like that one uncle who only visits to get money and you talk about behind his back, but you love him anyway. I've always been labelled as a lesbian because of the way I act and look and I'm clearly not, but I feel a kind of platonic/friendly love for everyone of certain levels and it's starting to be a concern. I love these people so much and I don't have any romantic feelings for anyone as far as I'm concerned, but anyway here's my question.

Is it okay to have a platonic love for a group of people of varying levels?

It's normal. Everyone feels like that about friends. The closer ones at least.

Anthracite_Impreza

What Emery said, best friends are family you choose yourself.

Friends are family imo. I mean, family doesn't have anything to do with blood in my book.

J. van Deijck
8 hours ago, Bokekuma said:

Is it okay to have a platonic love for a group of people of varying levels?

yes. 

reading your post was kind of like I was reading about myself. I have so big amount of platonic feelings for various people at once that my own sister has called me "a platonic slut". :lol:

but what if you can't help yourself, friendship is a wonderful thing. it's all so fine.

2 hours ago, Retrobot said:

Friends are family imo. I mean, family doesn't have anything to do with blood in my book.

agreed. :3

Archived