are we inside a simulation ?

AVEN #1 fan

TW and NSFW-ish:

Spoiler

Lucid dreaming won't give me a cis male dick, and neither will SRS, so what's the point of lucid dreaming? What's the point of lucid dreaming if none of it's real and you'll just wake up from it? I'm sorry or even posting this, I know it looks like something that belongs in hot box, I'm just so upset right now. I can never not be afraid of sex, never masturbate and see if I enjoy it, never escape my mom telling me I should care about being girly all the fucking time because I'm stuck in this girl body. Even if I'm cis I'm sick of the girly shit, though.

AVEN #1 fan
On 06/26/2017 at 6:53 PM, ThaHoward said:

Why do we need a purpose at all?

To make existence necessary.

RoseGoesToYale

If you take the view that humans create reality through the act of thought, then we are essentially the avatars in a simulation of our creation. Humanity began oblivious to its creation but would gain knowledge and move toward understanding how reality is created. But there's the danger that if we understand how the simulation is created, we may chose to not create the simulation. I have a feeling that if we are in a simulation, we will never reach that point, in order to preserve the concept of existence.

Perhaps existence has it's own self-preservation instinct.

AVEN #1 fan
10 minutes ago, (D)anny said:

TW and NSFW-ish:

Hide contents

Lucid dreaming won't give me a cis male dick, and neither will SRS, so what's the point of lucid dreaming? What's the point of lucid dreaming if none of it's real and you'll just wake up from it? I'm sorry or even posting this, I know it looks like something that belongs in hot box, I'm just so upset right now. I can never not be afraid of sex, never masturbate and see if I enjoy it, never escape my mom telling me I should care about being girly all the fucking time because I'm stuck in this girl body. Even if I'm cis I'm sick of the girly shit, though.

this is sad, I already imagined my body the way I wish it was in my dreams, I didn't want to wake up that day , at least I can draw that based in my imagination.

Off subject:

You should buy an stp-sexual-packer penis prosthetic or strap-on and idk,  why not try walking around with it, or peeing with it or having sex with it ?

iit just has no sensations or erections but well. .. better than nothing .

Medicine is still in evolution , there's metoidioplasty and phalloplasty procedures to create a penis, phalloplasty can give you an erectile penis with sensation and balls, you won't have a vulva anymore.

I wish I could change my genitals sometimes, well, I don't want any surgery at the moment bc risks and price and how primitive they are, but oh well, we live in a world where we can make teeths grow back and create bladders with cell colognes, the future shines.

AVEN #1 fan
Just now, RoseGoesToYale said:

If you take the view that humans create reality through the act of thought, then we are essentially the avatars in a simulation of our creation. Humanity began oblivious to its creation but would gain knowledge and move toward understanding how reality is created. But there's the danger that if we understand how the simulation is created, we may chose to not create the simulation. I have a feeling that if we are in a simulation, we will never reach that point, in order to preserve the concept of existence.

Perhaps existence has it's own self-preservation instinct.

The scary thought of if one is able to understand how reality works, they can destroy it.

1 hour ago, (D)anny said:

TW and NSFW-ish:

Reveal hidden contents

Ehh, I have no problem with it in lucid dreamings. Perhaps you should try meditation to imagine it. Sense meditation helps a lot with constructing dream sensations. 

10 hours ago, AVEN #1 fan said:

Purpose and necessity are human constructs. Nothing is necessary really. A spider isn't necssary. The earth isn't necessary. Yet they exist. 

~All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts~

~Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits, and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd tow'rs, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve,
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on; and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep~

• 2 weeks later...
binary suns

i dunno about our life being "inside" a simulation

but our reality definitely is a simulation. this is the nature of our perspective - we can only confirm reality by the hallucinations of our mind. there is nothing to us other than sensation and thought. 

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

If we are, i still haven't gotten my compensation cookies 

Image result for crossing arms gif

This sort of thinking messes me up. I just sort of need to accept that everything is real and exists and that I exist for no reason other than to exist or else I go a bit mad. Because alternatively it's a bit too much and makes me breathing go funny.

No, we are not in a simulation.

Here's how I propose you test this:

Obtain a crowbar and hit yourself on the head with it really really hard until you suffer brain damage or a concussion.

If you do this and there is no simulation, then you should notice a negative impact on your cognitive ability.

If you do this and there is a simulation, your real brain isn't damaged, so there should be no noticeable impact on your cognitive ability.

Have Fun! :)

Asterion Orestes
On 7/24/2017 at 6:46 PM, -1=e^ipi said:

No, we are not in a simulation.

Here's how I propose you test this:

Obtain a crowbar and hit yourself on the head with it really really hard until you suffer brain damage or a concussion.

If you do this and there is no simulation, then you should notice a negative impact on your cognitive ability.

If you do this and there is a simulation, your real brain isn't damaged, so there should be no noticeable impact on your cognitive ability.

Have Fun! :)

Non sequitur. (But what happened when you tried it? ;))

Asterion Orestes

Plato's "Cave" is not only stale, it's contrived.

The simulation question remains intriguing regardless. Of course, if we can't resolve it, the Logical Positivists would consider it meaningless.

NerotheReaper

It is an interesting theory, but it is good to wonder with anything if there is enough evidence that can stand on it's own when placed together it paints a clear image. It is also good to be skeptical of what is presented to us as the public, but whenever there is a theory or idea it is good to use critical thinking skills to think "is this even plausible?" I have heard people say that Obama was a reptilian or he was a hologram with no real evidence to back it up.   

maybe I'm just not a very philosophical person, but I find it kind of a useless thing to think about... it's unfalsifiable, so it can't really be thought of scientifically, I guess you could still think of it philosophically, but that I find gets boring, besides, say we were living in a simulation, what good would it really do us to know, would we really be able to change anything? probably not.., so the only reason to really give it much thought is if you want to write a sci-fi novel or something... it makes about as much sense to think about it to me, as it would make sense to imagine invisible aliens walking our planet documenting everything we do... 

Karacoreable
On 27/06/2017 at 2:37 AM, Arte said:

If this is base reality, I think you're right. The implications of that are very strange though and drive me to nihilistic thoughts. It's also very difficult to understand what it means to not have a smallest point that can then act as a reference to everything else. It seems as though to me, without a solid point of reference, matter on a quantum level is more like a fluid suspended in space, but that doesn't make much sense either...

You think quantum mechanics is essentially a consequence of being in a simulation? That's an interesting idea.

Elon Musk certainly thinks we're all in a simulation. He's made that abundantly clear.

Karacoreable

@XYZ96 We might actually get there though! :D In the end. That would be really exciting. Or I might not want to know the answer, even if we knew it. Anyway some people have thought about this and published a paper on what might be testable consequences, if you're interested there's a wiki page called 'the simulation hypothesis' that has a section on testing the hypothesis. It's a cool thing to read about. 

At the minute though, definitely true that we have no hope of finding out conclusively.

For lack of a better word, sure.

Existence isn't exactly linear, and the more you dig the more evidence you find to give the simulation hypothesis weight.

On 7/9/2017 at 10:04 PM, AVEN #1 fan said:

Existence is not a necessity, it just is.

Following Through

I've never been told that we are.  That said, I do believe it is a very real possibility.  Of course that wouldn't change how I act, I mean, being myself is too important.  

AVEN #1 fan

More evidences and coincidences :

I'll be posting more videos soon.

Archived