Can aromantics still like sexual interaction?

Kaitlynn

So I'm starting to identify as aromantic, but the thing is, I'm definitely not asexual. I want to have sex, I just haven't been able to develop romantic feelings and don't want to be in a relationship. Is this strange?

There are indeed aromantics who enjoy sex. The two are not synonymous with each other. Being aromantic merely means that you do not form romantic connections but that does not mean you can't be interested in and enjoy sex.

For myself, I lack an interest in either one.

Yes. Sexual and romantic orientations are two different things. Aromantic Sexuals are real. Do you want to sexually partner up with others though? Personally, if so, then it kinda defeats the purpose of the aromantic lable. And are you sure you don't feel romantically? It's an emotion that can widely vary. Not desiring typical things in a relationship still doesn't mean a relationship isn't desired or romantic attraction isn't felt.

kaseythefairy

Yes. It's possible to be an aromantic sexual. As you can see in my little description box, I'm aromantic bisexual. At first, identifying as sexual and aromantic can be confusing because so many people have different opinions on the very existence of such people. As with many orientations, there isn't a definite check list of things you have to have to be an aromantic sexual. So, I'd say just keep educating yourself and learning about yourself! Best wishes!

Of course. Just like there are asexual something-romantics, there are also something-sexual aromantics.

I am an aromantic pansexual so yeah, you can. I like sex very much but doesn't want to be tied to a relationship. It's not really strange. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
apatrickwsu

I'm confident in saying aromantic but not sure if I would say bi or pansexual because I do have a sex drive that points to individuals, but even in that group I don't want relationships and I don't feel attraction to people in a way i really differentiate from "sexy man" or "sexy woman" or maybe "sexy couple of people"

Archived