Can't Find Song Anywhere

DayDreamer~

DayDreamer~

There is a song in one of my favorite TV shows that no matter how much I type in the lyrics and search for it, I just can't seem to find it. It's like it doesn't even exist except only for brief background music in the show, but yet I keep trying to find it, because I want to hear the rest of it xD The part that I can hear sounds good and I don't know how it's evading me like this.

It's from 'The Vanished Empire' episode of Expedition Unknown starring Josh Gates, and the song plays from about 5:04 to 5:33 or so, though only parts of it are audible between his talking. The lyrics are kind of like this judging from what I can hear:

"Ooh, ooh,

ooh, ooh

Feel the sun, feel so young

Wild and free

You can be anywhere you wanna go"

-or something like that. It just bothers me that I can't find it and I was wondering if anyone with better searching skills or anyone who by chance might actually know the song could tell me what it was. I'll keep looking in the meantime.

purpleandgreylife

Could it be this song? I looked for it with the keywords you listed and matched closest to the last line you quoted. It was also released in 2014, two years before  the show premiered (according to IMDB it debuted in 2016), so it's likely that it could have been used.

3 hours ago, DayDreamer~ said:

You can be anywhere you wanna go

Let me know if this is it.

Lyrics:
Yeah, I seen you there
Looking all pretty when you brush your hair
Yeah, I like it when you smile
Won't you stay with me, just for a little while?

Can I take you home?
Can I take you home?
We can go anywhere you want to go
Can I take you high to the mountain sky?
We can go as far as you want to go

Sitting here now beneath them stars
Makes me wanna take them wings to my arms
She's got this way
She's got this way
Of wrapping her little heart around mine

Can I take you home?
Can I take you home?

DayDreamer~
15 hours ago, purpleandgreylife said:

Could it be this song? I looked for it with the keywords you listed and matched closest to the last line you quoted. It was also released in 2014, two years before  the show premiered (according to IMDB it debuted in 2016), so it's likely that it could have been used.

Let me know if this is it.

Lyrics:
Yeah, I seen you there
Looking all pretty when you brush your hair
Yeah, I like it when you smile
Won't you stay with me, just for a little while?

Can I take you home?
Can I take you home?

Sitting here now beneath them stars
Makes me wanna take them wings to my arms
She's got this way
She's got this way
Of wrapping her little heart around mine

Can I take you home?
Can I take you home?

I believe I ran into this song, unfortunately it is not the one that plays in the show. x-x That single line has been in quite a few songs yet somehow none of them have been it thus far. 

You can see why this is tormenting me x'D 

purpleandgreylife
20 minutes ago, DayDreamer~ said:

I believe I ran into this song, unfortunately it is not the one that plays in the show. x-x That single line has been in quite a few songs yet somehow none of them have been it thus far. 

You can see why this is tormenting me x'D 

I get it. There is this techno song from the early 90s that used to play all the time on my local R&B station. I thought it was called "Ha Ya" because those were the main words repeated during the chorus. But there was so much techno music interlude, there weren't that many other words. I have been trying since (around) 99' to find that song and I haven't been able to find it yet.

So, I get it! Trust me ^_^

And I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated. :(:cake:

purpleandgreylife

I meant to ask you, what episode and season was that song from? Do you know? It could make finding the song name easier, though I don't doubt you've already tried this.

DayDreamer~
17 minutes ago, purpleandgreylife said:

I meant to ask you, what episode and season was that song from? Do you know? It could make finding the song name easier, though I don't doubt you've already tried this.

It was 'The Vanished Empire,' season 3 episode 3 I believe. I would post a link to the episode but I'm not sure if that's allowed or not?

12 minutes ago, birdybudge said:

Is it Good Day by Joseph Keith?

Nope- that's another episode. But that is a very good song, too. (=

purpleandgreylife

I think I found it!

I watched the episode at the time stamp from your first post and googled some of the lyrics.

Please tell me if this is the song.

DayDreamer~
9 hours ago, purpleandgreylife said:

I think I found it!

I watched the episode at the time stamp from your first post and googled some of the lyrics.

Please tell me if this is the song.

Hm, I'll have to check again later because I think it was a male singer, but this song is really good too! Closer than the other ones I have found so far, haha. But the tune seems a bit different- I will keep checking around.

Archived