Interesting YouTube channels about Australia, Canada, New Zealand for the curious about those countries?

Piotrek

Even though I graduated from the English department of the local university, we only ever learned about things (literature, culture, life&institutions. etc) relating to UK (and then mostly England) and US. My YT activity hasn't helped much, because most YouTubers I'm subscribed to are from US or GB and mostly cover topics relating to those countries.

Do you have any recommendations as to interesting YT channels* covering facts about life, culture and/or curiosities relating to AUS, NZE or CAN? (I'm singling out video content because I find reading long texts off the screen tiresome).

Also, I realise that I'm probably too vague with the type of content I'm searching for...

(Yes, I know I could just type "Australia"/ect into the YT search engine, but I'd like to hear about stuff that you find worthy of being recommended.)

This is neither a YouTube channel nor probably super useful for the real world, but I'd watch Trailer Park Boys if you haven't already :P 

I couldn't think of any, but whenever I travel overseas, I make sure to find out about the most tourist friendly cities of a country.

I love to look for coastal cities (have a soft spot for these), the nightlife cities, and the smaller--more town like cities.

I don't think a channel dedicated to a whole country, will do specific cities any justice. You have to explore them, individually.

I also like looking up "social etiquette" videos.

I've been to a few countries in S-E Asia, where the ignorance of these, could potentially mean trouble.

I.E I love taking public transportation. So, I look up etiquette for these, as well.

Tourism channels will only give you the tourist view. If you really want to learn culture, you have to dig for cities individually.

Archived