My voice/opinions?

Zoningout

I would like to know what people's opinions are on this I'm trying to get it out of my head that my voice is not gone backwards to some degree I don't know why I think that because technically it should be absolutely impossible on testosterone because of how it changes the vocal cords. But I literally don't know how to describe it I feel like somewhere along a couple months and it started to sound really good and then all the sudden it just dropped a little further back but still stayed in the medium range . I'm going to post my voice recordings below and see what other people think because I kind of still feel like its to high pitched I don't know why I really I guess I should be feeling better about it but I don't feel like it's changed much. I've been on testosterone for 6 months. I should probably also let you know this thought process I'm having is probably just dysphoria or me being paranoid it's not necessarily going to stay. I just want people's opinions I guess? I'm not going to send all of the videos to you and please know that once I delete the link it's basically gone because nobody can get to these without the link that I send I made them private because I didn't want random strangers criticizing me for being transgender but maybe eventually I'll get brave enough to post them publicly forever, 

1st day : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMxwECc9_LY

One month: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cLpKxcv9e0

3 months: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmJ8Uf3HKBo

4 months: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1BsnlLPmpc

Now/today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoBSt3vt4Co&feature=youtu.be

Wow, one month and so much change?! That stuff is strong.

No you did not go backwards in my opinion. You went deeper. It's just something else changing. The way the voice is being produced. Not sure if this is that you changed the way you speak or if it's the vocal chords.

Mutation is wierd sometimes. I had mutation when I was 11 years old and my voice just sounded wierd for several months. Like I had a sore throat. Cracked a bit.

You're not going backwards. The voice change is very permanent, and yours is still getting deeper!

2 hours ago, Emery. said:

Wow, one month and so much change?! That stuff is strong.

No you did not go backwards in my opinion. You went deeper. It's just something else changing. The way the voice is being produced. Not sure if this is that you changed the way you speak or if it's the vocal chords.

Mutation is wierd sometimes. I had mutation when I was 11 years old and my voice just sounded wierd for several months. Like I had a sore throat. Cracked a bit.

^^ thanks, it's good to hear that actually lightens my nerves 

yea its possible it could be the fact my pallet doesn't move correctly and nobody ever figured out whats wrong or it could be something in my throat that just changed i agree either way though, i don't believe i'm changing my voice on porous its always done that naturally but thinking thats what it is is a better thought to have :) 

and yes it is very strong depending on the person 

my first noticeable changes was 5 days in but i was sick around that time span so you can't tell anything happened and it was so little i doubt anyone would notice. 

42 minutes ago, Literary X said:

You're not going backwards. The voice change is very permanent, and yours is still getting deeper!

^^ thanks good to hear 

Mezzo Forte

I think it's easy to get nervous about the voice near that 6 month mark, because the changes become far more subtle. I think that was around the point when I started getting self-conscious about the inflection of my voice and started perceiving it as much higher than it actually was. My speaking voice is actually quite high in my range, to the point that people think I'm a tenor when I'm actually closer to a baritone-bass. :P 

Another thing to note is that your speaking pitch will actually vary depending on time of day. Your morning voice is going to be noticeably lower than how you speak in the evening. Now that your voice is likely stablizing, that variance could create the illusion of going backwards too. It definitely doesn't sound like you're going backwards at all though, and you sound pretty dang good. Congrats on your progress with HRT :) 

Hello. Don't worry; I can hear that your voice has been progressively getting lower and lower each month that passes. I even had to increase my computer's volume for your most recent voice video because it sounded very low and harder to hear, compared to your other, earlier voice videos, so, the testosterone is definitely still working! 

Other transmen on YouTube have said that they heard their voices crack while on testosterone, similar to how young, cismale's voices crack during puberty, while their voices are still developing, before their voices finally settled. So, I wonder whether, perhaps, you're just hearing your voice occasionally break in and crack at the moment?

Archived