how long does it take for your Adam's Apple to come in on HRT?

Zoningout

how long does it take for your Adam's Apple to come in on HRT? 

i know everyone's different but what is the average time? 

Laryngeal expansion takes place during adolescence. Changing your primary hormone from oestrogen to testosterone (or supplementing clinically low testosterone) later in life isn't guaranteed to create secondary laryngeal enlargement. However, humans are all different, and react to testosterone in different ways, so it's not to discount expansion, just saying it's not universal 

AwkwardAxolotl

I've been on T for 3 years and still don't have one, but T affects everyone differently.

Mezzo Forte

I'm ~14 months on T, no prominent Adam's Apple. Can't say I'm expecting it to ever really be noticeable since my dad doesn't have a very visible one either.

AVEN #1 fan

Depending on genetics,  many perisex cis men doesn't have prominent ones, it may appear while your voice still changing bc the adam's apple is just the enlargement of the cartilage surrounding the larynx, which comes with voice changing.

4145127ff86c680a6964dbbfbef36273.jpg

I know a lot of trans men with Adam's apple, it's not prominent if you're a fat and tiny person.

Cis girls have them too, specially if they're skinny and tall, the neck is more noticeable. I know a few cis girls personally who have very big  Adams apples and remain with a feminine voice though.

You shouldn't worry too much , there's silicone and cartilage implants if you want one.

Archived