Never wanted a dream wedding or kids

On 7/2/2017 at 2:38 PM, Willgracefan said:

Do you have any nieces or nephews? Or do any of your close friends have kids? I call my friends children my nieces and nephews, I adore my close relationship that I have with them. This is how I feel I'm making an impact without having kids of my own. 

Actually, I avoid children like the plague :P
I actually socialize completely online these days so I never see people, let alone children.  Except for my job.

natalieisasexual

Neither have I but my feelings around this stem from my own messed up childhood and abusive familial relationships rather than my asexuality.

Digs_Dead_People

Wanting kids is a deal breaker for me.  I'm romantic [as far as I can tell], and I have never wanted children and I can't be with someone who wants children.  I also haven't dreamed of a grand wedding.  While I like to think I want to get married, the wedding portion doesn't interest me and I'd be entirely fine with just filling out the paperwork and having a BBQ [if there was to be a reception].

Anyway, you're not crazy for not wanting either of those things.  Society likes to think they're important, but not everyone has to agree.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kyon. said:

I get ya. Kids irritate me and weddings seem like a massive waste of money to me. 

I just think of all the stuff I could buy instead!

Amen!

I was out with my dad and bro watching fireworks and the constant screaming of kids reminded me why I'll likely never have children (or even have a relationship for that matter). Not to sound like an ***hole, but kids, when everyone is enjoying the fireworks show, SHUT THE **** UP! Don't scream "WOW!" at the top of your lungs when you're right near me every ****ing time a firework goes off! You can whisper or say "Whoa/wow" in a calm voice, but don't shriek like a dying harpy! 😡 /rant

• Like 2
Hermit Advocate

@Laplace Today at my work there was a chain reaction of toddler and infants screaming across the store. I really wanted to grab some duct tape. 

Nea Rose Symphony
4 hours ago, Laplace said:

I was out with my dad and bro watching fireworks and the constant screaming of kids reminded me why I'll likely never have children (or even have a relationship for that matter). Not to sound like an ***hole, but kids, when everyone is enjoying the fireworks show, SHUT THE **** UP! Don't scream "WOW!" at the top of your lungs when you're right near me every ****ing time a firework goes off! You can whisper or say "Whoa/wow" in a calm voice, but don't shriek like a dying harpy! 😡 /rant

This! Plus genetics, how I was raised, and the kids that come in to work turn me off of adding another to the world

I used to want to be married and have kids with a partner of my choosing. After my breakup and after working in fast food now I'm not so sure I want to partner up. Definitely no to kids, unsure about adoption