Which films make you cry the most

rtlloyd98

The only film I've cried watching recently is the Imitation Game. The scene where Keira Kngihtly visits him at the end of the film. I just break as it is so unfair that he is being tortured and eventually kills himself.

(I cry watching Merlin and Doctor Who sometimes... End of Time is hard to watch still)

Rubyballoon

I cried at the end of Bridge to Terabithia but that's probably because Bridge to Terabithia is one of like three books that ever made me cry...

The Imitation Game made my chest hurt, which is a huge emotional response coming from me.

I remember I teared up a little watching the Boy In The Striped Pajamas, when I was 12, but not much else.

I cry about a lot of things, so I'm going to list the movies that I cried  a lot lol.

The Plague dogs

Man on Fire

Barefoot Gen

Grave of the fireflies

Grand Torino

Pan's Labyrinth

And more later...when I remember.

3 minutes ago, Rubyballoon said:

I cried at the end of Bridge to Terabithia but that's probably because Bridge to Terabithia is one of like three books that ever made me cry...

Oh yeah, it was a fun and happy movie...till ya know... Talk about a gut punch. Same with The lovely bones.

Confusion 0

Someone was cutting some onions while I was watching the live action remake of Beauty And The Beast in the cinema recently. Never even watched the original...

Also, plenty of Pixar films have made my eyes water, including Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Up, Toy Story 3...

Rubyballoon
4 minutes ago, Maou-sama said:

Oh yeah, it was a fun and happy movie...till ya know... Talk about a gut punch. Same with The lovely bones.

Til, ya know :lol:

The Lovely Bones was like a smack in the face!

Confusion 0
Just now, Rubyballoon said:

Til, ya know :lol:

The Lovely Bones was like a smack in the face!

Oh God, I watched The Lovely Bones recently. It was difficult to watch the whole way through, but I understood the message, I think...

I don't recommend Plague dogs or Barefoot gen to anyone.

Plague dogs is older than disney, and is not for fun. 100% devistation, especially if you like animals and or have mental illness. 

Barefoot gen is very graphic for an animation. Its based in Japan in WW2 like Grave of the fireflies...only 1000 times worse, terrifying and sad.

Movies that don't make me cry is probably a shorter list. Some of the ones that make me cry are pretty ridiculous. :P

My Girl gets me every time...that one is just devastating. And I'm not really a crier. Just that movie...it's impossible not to at least get emotional. 

awesomazingizzy

Honestly I cry during all the movies that I watch 😂  But I think the first movie that I remember crying to was The Prince of Egypt.  I literally can't watch it without bawling my eyes out the whole time (no jokes, 5 minutes in and I'm already a mess).

The ending to Cronenberg's The Fly tore me up the first time I watched it. Visceral end to a visceral movie.

Other than that I try to avoid emotional movies, because I just know I can't deal with it.:lol:

darkstreamers252

I can't watch movies where there is cruelty or violence towards animals, even if it's just implied or nothing is shown.

Movies about the Holocaust and other genocides that make it into Hollywood films every now and then.

NoLongerActive1234

There are many I can't think of atm but here are the ones that pop up:

-The Horse Whisperer-I always cry watching this lol
-AI Artificial Intelligence-this too :(
-The Lord of The Rings, the fellowship of the ring-Gandalf nooo
-Million Dollar Baby-there are no words
-Forrest Gump-no words here either
-The retrieval-a hidden gem of a movie

SpaceDustbin

- My Girl

- Achtste Groepers Huilen Niet (Cool Kids Don't Cry). And man did I cry, tears streaming down my face and all. I read the book back when I was 12, so you'd think knowing how the story ended (and me being 25) would've prepared me, but no. 

Félinferno

Giovanni's Island

Wolf Children

Bridge to Terabithia

The Lion King

The Mist (that ending...)

War Horse

The Neverending Story (there is a particular scene that gets me every time. For those who have seen the movie, you'll probably know what one I'm talking about...)

Pan's Labyrinth (the ending always gets to me)

Inside Out (Bing Bong...)

Arrival

Usually I'm just staring stoically at the screen while everyone around me is crying. xD

Though when I was like 8 I watched Fox and the Hound and cried like a bitch during the part where the old lady had to leave the fox in the woods.

slothdetective

Interstellar. The ending always makes me cry. And I kind of like it too in some twisted way, that's why I only watch it about once a year so it doesn't lose its effect.

Rubyballoon
11 hours ago, Gloomy said:

Usually I'm just staring stoically at the screen while everyone around me is crying. xD

Though when I was like 8 I watched Fox and the Hound and cried like a bitch during the part where the old lady had to leave the fox in the woods.

That scene in the fox and the hound is horrible...

The Boy in the Stripped Pyjamas is awful too.... :(

Anthracite_Impreza

Up

Fox & the Hound (my hamster died about the same time I watched it so it's a double whammy)

Lion King

The Book Thief (so much crying)

All dogs go to heaven

Not a film but the scene in Royle Family where Nanna dies kills me every time.

SpaceDustbin
13 hours ago, Gloomy said:

I watched it last year and still cried :lol: man that scene is horrible. IT IS TOO SAD FOR A DISNEY MOVIE. I've wanted to rewatch it for ages, but couldn't get myself to do it because of that scene. Last year caved in, and it was as sad as I remembered.

Hachiko

Marley & me

Armageddon (take off scene and ending)

Green mile

Castaway

The Road

Book of Eli

Premonition

Phenomena

Life of Pi (real damn good movie)

Brokeback Mountain just about did me in.

Maurice.  But they're happy tears, and not always on every viewing (it's my favourite film); it just depends on how soppy I'm feeling. ;) 

Fault in the stars

My sister's keeper

Muppets Christmas carol

Animal farm

Lion got me pretty good. Dev Patel is one talented actor. There's a couple scenes towards the end of the movie, that if your eyes don't get moist--you just don't have a heart.

For those not familiar with the movie, its based on a true story of a child in India getting lost at a major train station, when he falls asleep on a stopped train that takes him across India. It follows his ordeal, as a very young child, turning to the streets--then orphanages, to an Australian family that adopts him. Nicole Kidman is also quite good in this movie.

Decades later, goes on a frantic search to find his mother. Hard to watch at times, but a nonetheless great movie.

Archived