Confused...

LandonH

My sexuality is very confusing and I fit within 5 categories but I'm not the type to have so much labels. My attraction is fluid, it changes randomly. I always have asethetic,platonic, and sensual attraction forwards everyone. I don't have an urge to date anyone SOMETIMES but I do experience sexual attraction, but very RARELY, as well as romantic attraction every so often , it can increase, decrease, or be just about average but this changes so there's no exact amount.  I'll date someone ONLY if a strong bond is formed and I love their personality. I would perfer and love a best friend type of relationship and SOMETIMES but RARELY romantic or sexual feelings , it just depends on how my mind is or what type of attraction I feel on that day or random time. Like I said, my attraction changes so there is no expected answer. Also, as an umbrella term I am pansexual. Even though I don't experience a lot sexual attraction, that doesn't make me less of a pansexual as well as panromantic. Because I do experience sensual attraction and SOMETIMES romantic attraction . I get confused by what my attraction feelings are so yeah!

Oh my, it sounds like you are a human!  There you go, summed up everything you said with one label :)

Seriously, though, I feel like there is way too much stress with labels.  I had one of those moments where I was trying to figure out how to identify and had this long string of words so I stopped identifying with any labels.  I am me and me is allowed to change and not label me.  I figure the only reason I needed labels at all was to find a community.  Since I was already on AVEN, the labels served their purpose.  Past that point they only had a negative alienating impact on me.  Of course I get that everyone has a different viewpoint on labels and they can be really beneficial to some people and I'm not trying to invalidate that or take that away.  However, I see all identities as a chunk out of a spectrum that we all fall onto.  We are all part of one whole.  I think we should celebrate that instead.  I hope this makes even a little sense.

TeamYellowUmbrella

I would say looking into labels if you and you only want to. If you don't want the label, there is nothing wrong with that. We also have no place to label you, but we can give you potential possibilities due to your description. For example, you could look into demisexual and demiromantic because those relate to forming an emotional bond before getting involved with a partner. Another thing that can be helpful is the idea of gray, which is a general term that can be used to fall in the middle of lack of attraction and feeling attraction (example: A grayromantic falls between aro and romantic).

Archived