Transgenders and bisexuals/biromantics

LandonH

Hello!

this is just a random question that I constantly ask myself because I am a curious being and do not mean to throw any type of shade.

to all the fellow bisexuals/biromantics! 

Would transgender be considered a gender? I mean, for example: if someone is male transgender female, wouldn't that make them female and not transgender? And I think that this proves that bisexuals can be attracted to "transgenders" because they're attracted to BOTH genders and someone who is transitioning  into the female or male spectrum should be identified as that!

Of course! A trans man is just a man and a trans woman is just a woman. The trans label is simply an identifier. Therefore, the biromantic/bisexual labels would certainly include them! Even non-binary folk can be included, since some bi people are only attracted to men and genderqueer people, for example.

Hope that helped! ^_^

Of course, "transgender" isn't a gender. I also don't really care what gender people are. The idea that the term "bisexual" excludes trans people is a myth with no basis in reality. People just like to pick on bisexuals. 

AVEN #1 fan

Transgender isn't a gender, FTM Trans men are men and MTF Trans women are women. Same for intersex people.

Im cisgender and consider myself a biromantic with a strong preference for either men or masculine people. And yes, I would be completely open to dating a trans person that I was attracted to, and actually had a crush on a coworker who was a trans man a few years back. So I don't know if I speak for all of us, but...yeah, Ive been attracted to trans people, seeing that to me a trans man is the same as any cisgender man. 

Archived