Loneliness

athenahono

I love summer but I'm always so lonely. Especially this summer. My best friend is ignoring me practically cause I guess she's busy and I know she's bad about replying but she's been like this all year and it got worse in the summer. I jokingly said to my guy best friend/crush "you don't notice me so you don't like me" (cause i like annoying him with NOTICE ME memes) and he replied "if that's what you want to believe." and i said "you don't deny it' and he hasn't replied and even went offline and I'm now having major anxiety cause I can't imagine life without this guy cause he has been my rock and he is the most important person in my life so I'm panicking. I have very few friends I actually want to talk and hang out with. Two of my really good friends haven't/barely respond anyway. I'm home alone half the week. And i'm really upset right now. I've just been so lonely

Any tips peoples?

UPDATE:

My guy best friend said he was just teasing but the other stuff is still an issue.

A shard of glass

We're here for you!!!

Don't ever feel lonely, we're always here to talk! I try my hardest to make other people feel included and loved!!! Despite this so far not helping...

ANYWAY, to the point we go: Generally I find that talking to people you haven't heard from in a while helps. For example, I've received calls from friends that I haven't seen or heard from in literally months, or in one or two cases: years.

Also, this may be a little hard to swallow, but you know how when you talk to someone a LOT, and you start thinking "I don't want to talk to you right now, I'm too tired" or "I'm not in the mood for you". Being totally honest here: I've done it before, and I'm sure that everyone else has done it. And I've realised that sometimes, I'm the one that other people aren't in the mood for. You catching my drift? Hate to sound horrible, and I'm sure that you're a great person, but people need space from each other, and that's a fact of life :(

But still, there's more things that you can do to alleviate these feelings. For example: taking up a new hobby, it really helped me to meet new people.

Said hobby/sport doesn't have to be extreme like snowboarding or skydiving, but something as simple as finding a local archery club (archery might be a bit out there for some people and inaccessible for some, but it's an example), yes it's a drain on cash, but we all waste money on junk don't we? :P

Hope that this helps a little! and I apologise if the middle paragraph sounded harsh >.<

don't punch with what you can't take yourself. with hobby stuff if you think you'd like knightly stuff you could see if there's an sca chapter in your area

1 hour ago, Baggage_warrior said:

For example: taking up a new hobby, it really helped me to meet new people.

I second that! Hobbies are a great way to meet new people or even just have some alone time. For example, I enjoy playing violin and longboarding when I'm alone and they both relax me a lot, no other people needed!

You could also take a class that interests you at your local community college. They always have fun classes in the summer, like painting or self-defense, things like that. They're also an easy and natural way to meet new friends.

Archived