Funny and/or thoughtful quotes

StormySky

My brain makes a bunch of these quotes for some inexplainable reason. I want to hear ALL THE QUOTES you guys have :)

My quotes:

-Blood doesn't define family. Love does.

-Why be afraid to die when you have a life to live?

-Living life is the greatest treasure hunt. From that perspective, every adventure is a treasure hunt.

-You'll never reach the stars without hard work, determination, perserverance, and a rocket ship.

-happiness lives in the moment, and so do I.

-A good friend is like a good song. It annoys you after a while, but you love it anyways.

-Sometimes you don't need answers. You just need happiness.

-A break in the routine can fix the break in your heart.

-You can't predict the future, so why be afraid?

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

"Life is just a bunch of noise signifying nothing.... Especially when it's being complained about."

Comfortably Confused

In a world built on hope, that is call we can do.

Diamond Ace of Hearts

Maybe these shoes hurt my feet because they themselves are in pain and they have no other way to express it.

Clumsy Fairy

Unconditional love is the most beautiful thing. Just a bitch when it is unrequited. 

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

"I am not sour about anything. I am not salty about it either. I am fully seasoned!" Hahahaah :lol:

If you're going to do nothing...  there's nothing like doing nothing with people you like doing nothing with.

Diamond Ace of Hearts
2 hours ago, Perspektiv said:

"The diameter of your knowledge, is the circumference of your activity."

damn, that's a good one.

SamwiseLovesLife

"The sun still shines, water still tastes good. Glory is all well and good but life is enough" ~ Mark Anthony from the series Rome, in a small boat with fellow injured soldiers upon losing a battle

SamwiseLovesLife
On 23/06/2017 at 1:11 AM, Diamond Ace of Hearts said:

Maybe these shoes hurt my feet because they themselves are in pain and they have no other way to express it.

That's so beautiful! Where's it from?

SamwiseLovesLife

"Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame" ~ General Iroh from Avatar: the Legend of Aang

Diamond Ace of Hearts
44 minutes ago, SamwiseLovesLife said:

That's so beautiful! Where's it from?

I came up with it myself, coincidentally, just a couple of hours before this thread appeared.

I was a little bit high from lack of sleep and I couldn't understand why the shoes I've been wearing for a while with no problems were suddenly uncomfortable. That was the result.

SamwiseLovesLife
4 minutes ago, Diamond Ace of Hearts said:

I came up with it myself, coincidentally, just a couple of hours before this thread appeared.

I was a little bit high from lack of sleep and I couldn't understand why the shoes I've been wearing for a while with no problems were suddenly uncomfortable. That was the result.

Genious. You sir have now gained a friend :D

Diamond Ace of Hearts
5 minutes ago, SamwiseLovesLife said:

Genious. You sir have now gained a friend :D

YAY!

I always hoped my inane mental ramblings would come in handy one day.

Clumsy Fairy

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Albert Einstein.

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

"I am content with change that shows the ultimate weapon is in the power of the tongue."

-"The chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied" -Slartibartfast 

-Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? 

(just funny, not very meaningful or stuff from the same book..) 

Spoiler

-The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't

-The point is that I am now a perfectly safe penguin, and my colleague here is rapidly running out of limbs

"The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: "Is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride. And there are people who say, 'this has to be real!"--'i've got a lot invested in this!'..... Its just a ride." 

Bill Hicks👌

"When in doubt, throw it out" - my policy on leftovers. I can't help but say it everytime Im going through the fridge.

I literally have a note on my phone full of things me and my friends have said. Here's a few:

K: "Ugh, it stinks in here! It smells of deodorant and perfume."
Me: "So it smells like people?"
K: "Yeah, people."
K: ......
K: "Ugh, people..."

"Help me!! I did a bad thing!" (being aggressively hugged by small child)
"I made her love me!"

F: "Don't cross yet, there's a car!"
M: "Good."

"Sharing is caring, but I don't care so get you own damn food."

"My life's a bitch but everyone in it is worse so at least there's that."

(When something good happens to me) "Lady Luck is lesbian for Lee. It's alliteration so it must be true!"

"Life is short, eat dessert first"

"Remember that pain is for the living. If it hurts, it's a good indicator that you're not dead yet!"

"Nothing in life is worth worrying over. Not knowing the future is the closest thing to hope we have!"

"We buy books because we believe we're buying the time to read them" -Warren Zevon

Archived