Am I Sex Repulsed?

Comfortably Confused

Comfortably Confused

Greetings, fellow life forms!
I was reading another seemingly helpful article this afternoon whilst totally not ignoring the mounting pile of schoolwork when I came across several definitions that actually were not as helpful as they initially appeared. Now, I've been happily and opening asexual for some months now but since coming across the definition of "sex repulsed" I've begun to question if being simply ace is all I am. When trying to rationalize this in my head, I think about how I would feel in certain situations and it's safe to say that the idea of me having sex with someone disgusts me. Anyone else having sex with anyone else is fine; for other people sex is fantastic and I respect that. But if I try and think about myself engaging in any form of sexual contact, the thought is pretty much abhorrent. Certainly, I'm romantic. I'm a real sucker for cute relationships involving cuddling, blankets, cake and possibly kissing but sex for me just about turns my stomach. Does this make me "sex repulsed"?
Yours truly,
Bloody Baffled!

darkstreamers252

Based on what you said, it sounds like you might be, I don't know all the qualifications for being "sex-repulsed" but it does sound like it.

• Like 1
EnigmaticRabbit

I identify myself as sex-repulsed for some of the same reasons you're talking about here; I don't judge other people for having sex and I don't mind sex scenes in books or movies/tv but when I try to imagine myself having sex with someone it's like I hit a mental force field and am just repelled by the idea. It sounds to me like the description might fit you. At the end of the day, it's up to you to decide how you identify yourself, but I hope this helps.