Am I Asexual?

CivilTwilight

Okay, so I don't think that I experience sexual attraction, but I do have a libido. I've seen that a lot of asexual people are usually sex repulsed or neutral, but I'd say I'm pretty sex neutral or positive. I'm worried that I won't be able to call myself ace because I want to have sex, but I feel like I could also develop sexual attraction during sexual activities but I'm not sure (mostly because I've never been in a relationship, or had sexual experiences). Should I label myself as ace, or is there a label that would fit me better?

• Like 4
Pretty_mama2

Why not do a bit more research into the different types and see if any of them connect with you? If I were you, I would just label yourself as you see fit at the time. You can always decide to change if you feel like you need to.

• Like 3
Ageless Goddess

I agree with Pretty-Mama2's comment on doing a bit more research. As for myself, I really am not fond of labels as they don't express the authentic individual. This seems to be a helpful loving site in which to explore & receive useful information from those who have something positive to offer.

• Like 1

You could always look into the demisexual and graysexual labels if you don't feel totally allosexual or asexual. Otherwise, no label at all is perfectly fine!

I'd recommend checking out the FAQ ( http://www.asexuality.org/?q=general.html ) for more info. It helped me out a lot.

Good luck!

• Like 2
darkstreamers252
4 hours ago, CivilTwilight said:

Okay, so I don't think that I experience sexual attraction, but I do have a libido. I've seen that a lot of asexual people are usually sex repulsed or neutral, but I'd say I'm pretty sex neutral or positive. I'm worried that I won't be able to call myself ace because I want to have sex, but I feel like I could also develop sexual attraction during sexual activities but I'm not sure (mostly because I've never been in a relationship, or had sexual experiences). Should I label myself as ace, or is there a label that would fit me better?

I'm kindof in the same boat with you, I just say I'm cupiosexual when pressed specifically about it, at least this is the label that best describes me for now.