How to come out to friends?

Recently I posted a topic about coming out to my friends, and while I got some useful advice, I am no closer to my goal. I have made up my mind to come out to them, at least at some point. But, I wasn't too specific last time, so I will revise my question. How do I come out to my (best) friends?

Let me explain a bit. My first friend (let's call her Katie) has been one of my best friends for years, and while I don't usually need a shoulder to cry on, if I did, I would choose her's, and vice versa. We went to the same school from 3rd to 5th grade, then she got moved to a different school(still in the same town). But then we went to the same middle school, but at the end of my 8th grade year, I got moved to a private school(a christian school), where I went to for the rest of that year, and my first year of high school. But next year, when school starts back up again, I will go to the public high school where Katie goes. She is absolutely excited, and so am I. We both have a Google Plus account, and I usually talk to her over that, so I am wondering if I should come out to her over the internet, or wait until school starts up again?

My second friend (I'll call her Jenna) has been my friend since 1st grade, but we were just "friends". You know, like friends, but not close enough to call each other "best" friends. It's not a problem of getting along, it's just that she has medical problems(that I won't get into right now), and she was gone from school a lot, but we still talked, still sat together at lunch, just the normal stuff. But we really became good friends at the beginning of our 8th grade year. I don't know why, we just became really close. After I moved to the christian school, I didn't really talk to her, except through email. But at the end of the summer, when the county fair rolled around, we decided to try to go on the same day, so we could meet up. While we were there, her grandparents (who she lives with(don't ask why, it is really complicated)) talked with my parents, and at the end of the day, my parents told me that Jenna's grandparents were sending her to the same christian school I was going to, so we became even closer over that year. She is going back to the christian school next year, so I won't see her next year unless we plan to meet up and do something, so I wanted to know if I should come out to her over email, or wait until the next time I meet her?

I also need advice from people who have already come out to friends/loved ones on what to say, because when ever I try to think of what to say, it either sounds too serious, or it seems like I'm just giving them a vocabulary lesson. I really need help on this, because I have not yet come out to any one that I know, and just thinking about it makes my head start spinning. I applaud those who have come out to people, I don't know how you did it.

I started wearing an ace badge and waited for people to ask me what it was.
Also, if the subject of LGBT came up, I would remark that I identify as LGBT+....specifically the plus part.

It's OK to just wait until the subject comes up if you want. You don't have to initiate a "coming out" if it stresses you out. If a friend starts talking about sex or sexual orientation, you can add something like, "Yeah, I'm not really about sex in general. I identify as asexual by the way. Have you heard of asexuality? It's a thing." A couple of my friends have done it very casually like that, or, if their circle of friends is familiar, by subtly expressing their identities through accessories patterned with the flag colors. It's OK to tell your friends over chat or on the phone, and it's also OK to sit them down in person specifically to have the conversation if you want to! You can make it as big or small a deal as you want it to be.

• Like 1

consider the person coming out of a cake gag.

• Like 1
Doggomcdoggo

On the subject of how, however you feel is easiest. I wold personally go for email but it's personal choice. And on what to say. I personally am being very vocal about my lack of interest right now. I'm not using the word asexual but I'm not trying to hide it. If sone one brings relationships up, I will give my opinion. Only one friend so far has actually asked me if I'm asexual but the others all get the idea. It depends on the person really. I will probably bring it up at some point by saying "hey you know theres a word for it? I'm asexual" but for me personaly, this isn't the right time. Hope I was of some help

• Like 1
nonewusername

When I came out to most of my friend I either told them individually through text or did a Instagram post and tagged them all in it as to get it over with. When coming out you're most likely going to receive some question but hopefully they will be mainly just curiosity. As to weather you should tell them in person or not is to whichever method makes you feel more comfortable. 

• Like 1