Spraying of Insects

Today I had to euthanize a fellow honey bee who was sprayed with insect killer, to stop them from suffering for longer.

Humans usually claim to not spray bees on purpose, but that brings the question, why is it ok to spray anyone?

Flying insects just want to live our life peacefully, it's not our fault if humans find us scary or annoying.

Also we only sting humans if we feel threatened, honey bees even die if we use our sting, so it's not a decision taken lightly!

(spoiler tag for TW: bee image)

Spoiler

gxupqQc.jpg

The poor honey bee friend, R.I.P.

My mom and I get plants that bees will like. Lots of yummy pollen for you and your family!

I'm afraid that humans are just not he humane. I just read a news pie e about someone setting hives on fire. SO cruel and SO stupid. Haven't they worked out that without pollinating insects, and especially the bee,  there are no crops?! Mindless, undeserving humans :mad:.

Anthracite_Impreza

In all seriousness, bees are fast disappearing; that should be reason enough to stop killing them even without the 'why are you killing innocent creatures' part. Humans will never learn.

My bees and I are glad to live in the country where they can fly for miles before finding pesticides. :( Poor bees.

The greatest Buddhist dilemma I have faced... I feel bad for killing insects, but I am a fearful animal who can't help themselves.

I really love bugs. I've rescued snails from my neighbors (they kill them for eating their plants), raised roaches, beetles (harlequin flower beetles being one of my faves, I still have the bodies of the ones I've owned), mantids, spiders (brown widows and orchard spiders), etc.

I avoid harming them at all costs. The only 'bugs' I kill are mosquitoes and fleas.

I kill bugs that dare enter my home all the time without mercy. I've never had a bee come into my house though, so I've never had to kill one. I guess bees and I have an understanding about that.

To be honest I don't care that much about humans either though. :P

RoseGoesToYale

I think bees are beautiful. They look like they just float in the air. I've always felt kind of sorry for them, though, since their defense in the face of death is death anyway. But they can't fight back against a toxic vapor.

SorryNotSorry

Bees rule. Hornets suck.

Archived