Does fanfiction effect your orientation?

eurus

Can your desire to be with a celebrity romantically be real desire even if you stupidly fell in love with their fictional-semi realistic persona by reading too much stupid fanfiction? (I only took an interest in those celebrities in the first place by aesthetic attraction)  I noticed that if the celebrity is my aesthetic and I read a lot of fanfiction about them that I feel a desire to be with them like in a relationship where its like what couples have but without the romance except I would like to cuddle and kiss them. I sometimes get the feels when reading romance stories and based on what I feel from reading those stories, I think to myself, thats what I want, I want to feel those feelings but when it comes to a real person I would rather not or just take no interest in it. Here's where it gets more confusing, I about a year ago developed an aesthetic attraction towards this one guy who I really wanted to get to know. I fantasized about cuddling with him and possibly even kissing him. Since,the only experience of kissing that I ever had was in my dreams and it felt nice in dreams, so I am taking that experience of kissing from my dreams and applying it to what I think I want, but just with that one person I'm aesthetically attracted too. Even though I never really had a desired to kiss anyone. Although, I don't know if I should let my dreams effect how I really feel and what I do and don't desire. Also when it comes to sex I am a bit sex repulsed but I do want to try it at least a few times to see if its for me but I feel like I would only want to do try it with someone who I trust and have known for years and is my aesthetic. 

Right now I am identifying as aromantic-asexual but I feel based on what I have told you, I feel as if maybe I have it all wrong and that I am possibly grey-asexual-aromantic

I kinda experience that too, also given my autochorissexualism..also aesthetic attraction is the base and incipit for me too, so i get you in that :) i also get all the cofusion ^-^' i cant tell you ultimately what to call yourself, anyway from your description i see traits that generally cupios people experience (the desire of it from fantasies but not feeling it in reality), maybe you could see if their experiences resonates with you and helps you clarifying some things :)

Anthracite_Impreza

Almost all my squishes (aro crushes) are fictional; they're real enough to me.

7 hours ago, jaymes said:

I kinda experience that too, also given my autochorissexualism..also aesthetic attraction is the base and incipit for me too, so i get you in that :) i also get all the cofusion ^-^' i cant tell you ultimately what to call yourself, anyway from your description i see traits that generally cupios people experience (the desire of it from fantasies but not feeling it in reality), maybe you could see if their experiences resonates with you and helps you clarifying some things :)

Thank you, I'll check it out for sure :)

Archived