Asexuality piece on UK radio, 20th June 2017

TheSMMG

The BBC Radio Late Night Graham Torrington programme ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7hx ) is due to feature an interview with, err, me tonight (20th June 2017).

As a late night programme (22:00-01:00 BST) it concentrates on longer more in-depth pieces rather than quick "sound-bites".

The interview is due to be on around 23:20 BST.

Apologies for the short notice heads-up on this but the programme's producer, Nicole Pullman, only rang me up out of the blue last night to ask me if I'd be willing to be interviewed for the show.

TheCatBehind

Ohhh nice! Would I be able to listen to it at some other point? I don't think I would be able to detach myself from my obligations at the time of the interview and I kinda wanna know what happens.

11 minutes ago, Maks9090 said:

Ohhh nice! Would I be able to listen to it at some other point? I don't think I would be able to detach myself from my obligations at the time of the interview and I kinda wanna know what happens.

Yes. I believe it's available for everyone around the world to listen to for up to 30 days after the broadcast (after 30 days, it won't be available, anymore.) I don't live in the U.K., and that's how it works for me.

TheCatBehind
8 minutes ago, sg06 said:

Yes. I believe it's available for everyone around the world to listen to for up to 30 days after the broadcast (after 30 days, it won't be available, anymore.) I don't live in the U.K., and that's how it works for me.

Ah! Cool! Superb, even!

16 hours ago, sg06 said:

Indeed: should be available via BBC iPlayer.

Awesome! Would love to give it a listen if possible for people outside the UK ^^

Miss Anne Thrope

For those wondering, it starts at about 1:33:00.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Brilliant piece of visibility and education. I was hoping the BBC might add aces into their recent series about 'Queer Britain' , but it only got a 3 minute slot over 6 half hour episodes, so we need to redress the balance a bit better, this is a great start.

SamwiseLovesLife

Can anyone sum the interview up please? x

That's brilliant!!

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, chandrakirti said:

Brilliant piece of visibility and education. I was hoping the BBC might add aces into their recent series about 'Queer Britain' , but it only got a 3 minute slot over 6 half hour episodes, so we need to redress the balance a bit better, this is a great start.

Which episode was that?

Enjoyed the interview. Also nice to hear from someone who is older. We don't get that often. I consider myself homosocial in that I prefer friendships with guys over women, but there are no romantic feelings involved. It would be more like a bromance. Also, when I see a guy as attractive for me I feel envy about the way he looks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thread moved from Announcements to World Watch. 

-kelico, Moderator

Archived