TOS Update - deletion requests

Amcan

Hello members,

Please review the following changes to the ToS:

The admod team will grant account deletion requests for any member who has fewer than 25 posts AND no disciplinary history. Both of these must apply to you for the deletion to happen. For members who have more than 25 posts, please see this thread for our policy in regards to the account deletion of other accounts.

Please note that members with a disciplinary history (nudges, warns, bans) won't be deleted.

Changes are effective as of now.

Thank you,

Amcan

Administrator

Well, this is different.

Have there been many requests from young, barely used accounts to be deleted? :huh: I'm just curious because I think I've only seen users that have posted a lot comment that they want their account deleted. 

41 minutes ago, Cimmerian said:

Well, this is different.

Have there been many requests from young, barely used accounts to be deleted? :huh: I'm just curious because I think I've only seen users that have posted a lot comment that they want their account deleted. 

That's the point. 

It's way harder to do it when someone has say 100 posts or more because all content in intermingled together. There's the people that have commented in said person's threads, this person's comments in other threads, any time this member has been quoted etc etc etc

25 is a really good number for this. If someone with say, 5,000 posts wanted deletion (plus whatever they have in forums that dont increase post count) Then this would be an insane amount of work and would require very careful manuevering with all the interconnections of the community. And still likely wouldn't work out well.

So yeah, this is actually in response to the bigger accounts :P

Most delete requests have less than ten posts in them, usually only one or two. 

Archived