Defining ace

4 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

In my eyes, anyone who wants sex is sexual, and I'm sure the vast majority of the general population would agree.

What does wants mean? In full seriousness, there are a number of ways one could define that, so you've not given a definition, but an ambiguity.

16 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Oh trust me you're not alone, many of us (including sexuals who have sadly left because they were fed up with the misinformation) find the attraction definition utterly ridiculous. In my eyes, anyone who wants sex is sexual, and I'm sure the vast majority of the general population would agree.

This is perfect, thank you for this.

Thanks, Anthracite. I was beginning to think I'd had a stroke and had forgotten the meanings of words lol

• Like 2
Anthracite_Impreza
23 minutes ago, BionicPi said:

What does wants mean? In full seriousness, there are a number of ways one could define that, so you've not given a definition, but an ambiguity.

I live in the real world where people don't need a 500 page essay on the intricacies and theories of sexuality. "I don't want to have sex" has never been misunderstood by anyone I've told as a definition for asexuality.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, BionicPi said:

Decaf, think of it this way, sex is a really messy dish, looks pretty gross to me. The chef or that person over there may think it looks great, but I think it's meh.

I'm not attracted to said dish. But I might still be hungry. I may still want food. And the dish may still taste good even if it doesn't look good.

Does that make sense?

I always find food makes the best analogies for sex.

I guarantee you, you ask sexuals if wanting sex for sex sake is normal, they will tell you yes!

This is one of the problems. Assuming certain behaviors are unique and out of the norm. Too many asexuals assume that sexuals experience desiring sex in the same way without looking at all the reasons a person can want sex. They ignore the fact that not all sexuals are sex crazed and that there are actually sexuals with naturally low levels of sexual desire. They all have something in common though and that is they all want sex to be a part of their lives, whether that is having sex once a day, once a week, or once a fricken month.

• Like 1
Anthracite_Impreza
Just now, Kai99 said:

I guarantee you, you ask sexuals if wanting sex for sex sake is normal, they will tell you yes!

This is one of the problems. Assuming certain behaviors are unique and out of the norm. Too many asexuals assume that sexuals experience desiring sex in the same way without looking at all the reasons a person can want sex. They ignore the fact that not all sexuals are sex crazed and that there are actually sexuals with naturally low levels of sexual desire. They all have something in common though and that is they all want sex to be a part of their lives, whether that is having sex once a day, once a week, or once a fricken month.

Or even only when in a close relationship, which is another misunderstood thing. Sexuals don't all look at people and get horny or crave sex outside relationships FYI.

• Like 1
Anthracite_Impreza
2 hours ago, aceidk said:

Was the irony on purpose?

No irony, common sense.

Just now, Anthracite_Impreza said:

No irony, common sense.

Hmm, perhaps we should inform academia that their research goes against your common sense and is therefore classified as misinformation.

• Like 1
Perissodactyla

After 2 years on AVEN I've learned to regard discussions about definitions of asexuality as intellectual quicksand. :D

An asexual person is a person who does not experience 'rolling-their-eyes' attraction. Learn More!

• Like 1