LEAST Favorite Disney Characters

VAder

Diamond Ace of Hearts

The Beast from Beauty and the Beast after the curse is lifted. He's on screen as a human for like 30 seconds and I still manage to hate him. Probably because I see myself as the Beast

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

I don't like Pocahontas .... Not because of who she was historically, but all the romantic tones and westernization type bs Disney put into her character & the movie. Colorful feathers don't magically swish by you and you immediately understand English! And romance? Disney she was at least 12 years old.:mad:

Just about every character in Finding Nemo except for the Giant Turtle. They were all very annoying.

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
8 minutes ago, Cimmerian said:

Just about every character in Finding Nemo except for the Giant Turtle. They were all very annoying.

Even Squishy the jellyfish? :blink:

They were my favorite

Diamond Ace of Hearts
12 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

I don't like Pocahontas .... Not because of who she was historically, but all the romantic tones and westernization type bs Disney put into her character & the movie. Colorful feathers don't magically swish by you and you immediately understand English! And romance? Disney she was at least 12 years old.:mad:

I like Pocahontas. The romantic storyline made me dislike the dude (John Smith? I've got literally no idea what his name was), rather than her.

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
Just now, Diamond Ace of Hearts said:

I like Pocahontas. The romantic storyline made me dislike the dude (John Smith? I've got literally no idea what his name was), rather than her.

eh i really disliked the whole movie after history class in 2nd grade :P

darkstreamers252
24 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

Pocahontas was my favorite as a child until I grew up and learned about the real story, and just how shallow Disney was when they made the movie.

8 minutes ago, SimplyAce said:

Even Squishy the jellyfish? :blink:

They were my favorite

xD That's one of the few good parts of the entire movie.

Out of the more traditional characters, I never really cared for Snow White, after that maybe Cinderella. They were just pretty weak characters to me.

Never cared for Gaston. I often like animated villains but even I don't like him.

A shard of glass

Kylo Ren XD

He's Disney though ;) so it counts

Grumpy Alien

Not possible

CuriousLolita

Everyone in Finding Nemo. School made me hate that movie with a passion due to it being our only ever reward movie so I can't stand it or any character in it. 

Diamond Ace of Hearts
11 minutes ago, Gloomy said:

Never cared for Gaston. I often like animated villains but even I don't like him.

Probably because he's not really the villain. That whole film feels like a send-up of the rest of Disney to me. In my eyes, Gaston represents the traditional hero. He's an antagonist, but I don't think there even is a villain in that movie, in the traditional sense. Beast is the dude in distress and Belle is the hero(ine). Gaston is pretty much a nothing. If there is a villain, you could point to the witch or her curse but they generally bring about positive results. Maybe the true "villain" is the villagers' ability to be suckered into prejudicial hatred of the Beast. Gaston plays a vital role in bringing this to the fore but he's still trying to play the hero role, if misguidedly and unwantedly.

that._.irish._.guy

Nemo... What an annoying fish/movie. Other than that I like most of them.

Edit: Olaf and most characters from Frozen. All that singing......... The story is good but does there have to be a song every 30 seconds.... :mellow:

Diamond Ace of Hearts

Just me who didn't mind Finding Nemo, then?

Nemo himself is annoying, sure, but overall it was an OK film, right?

Hm...I know a lot of people love Olaf, but I find him a bit annoying.  Not sure if he's my least favorite, but he's the first that comes to mind.

28 minutes ago, Baggage_warrior said:

Kylo Ren XD

He's Disney though ;) so it counts

YES X100000.

He reminds me of whiny Anikan Skywalker more than Darth Vader.

In fact I didn't like all of the First Order (bar TR-8R) as I felt they were just Evil for Evils sake, unlike the Imperials and Trade Federation before them.

General Hux is a close 2nd (Just angry evil guy, and all I can think about is him just angrily shout for a speech).

15 minutes ago, Euna said:

Hm...I know a lot of people love Olaf, but I find him a bit annoying.  Not sure if he's my least favorite, but he's the first that comes to mind.

You're not alone.

HeWhoSingsAmongTheStars

Olaf definitely. I don't like Snow White either because who the hell thinks that having a 14 YEAR OLD IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH A GROWN MAN IS OKAY?!!!!

I generally don't like the animal sidekick characters. They serve no purpose in the narrative, usually don't stand out on their own, and the story is still good without them there. The exception to this is Hei Hei from Moana cause he at least did something helpful in the final showdown (and he's my spirit animal).

My hate list:

Finding Nemo in general, but Dory especially

Olaf

Eeyore, Tigger and Winnie the Pooh

Genie

Claude Frollo and Jafar for being total creeps

All of the characters from Who Framed Roger Rabbit

All of the characters from The Force Awakens apart from Oscar Isaac's

Cinderella's stepmother

That's all I can think of but I'm sure there are more.

Meridia. I can't stand her and her false representation of Scottish culture

I've never seen Finding Nemo (or Dory) or Frozen or a bunch of other Disney movies, especially more recent ones, so I can comment on those.

Of the older characters I don't like Donald Duck. He's mostly just mean and/or angry, and not very entertaining.

Of the more recent films I've seen I didn't care for Rapunzel (the whole movie), mostly found the songs annoying.

There may be other characters I am not fond of, but those are the standouts in my mind.

RoseGoesToYale

Aurora, Ariel, Cinderella, and Anna for way too much naiveté. Most of the princes for being static characters. Mike Wazowski for many reasons.

That snowman and the redhead in Frozen. I can never remember which sister is which.

Minnie

Tinkerbell

Do the Cars from Cars count?

Will (Orlando Bloom) in the Pirates movies - stopped watching after #3

Olaf, most definitely. One of the most irritating characters Disney has ever put out.

3 hours ago, SimplyAce said:

To separate the historical characters from the movie, It's absolutely my favorite movie because it's got a good (fabricated) story, art, and reasonably 90's character profiles... but as a representation of real events, it's really shitty. The second one continues the bullshit. It would have made a great movie if they'd chosen to make the story about a 12 year old girl BEFORE she was taken-- no romantic interest, settlers,  and just a story about her living in her tribe.

Olaf, don't like Olaf (from Frozen), the movie was fine except Olaf, who single handedly made it sometimes very hard to watch. I don't get why he became so popular... just how???? 

Archived