What non-learned skills do you have?

Yatogami

Nea Rose Symphony

I draw (most recent digital art done is my profile pic). I only took one art class and that was one semester 9th grade. Then we had a very short art chapter in college calculus class in 2014. Beyond that I've just learned to draw on my own. I really want to take some more classes to refine everything

i tend to pick up language basics really quickly- things like verb conjugations, verb tenses, vocab, etc.  i literally walked into my first day of spanish ii and wrote a 5-sentence paragraph at the end of class without having any formal instruction in spanish before that (i knew a few words from friends that did spanish and i listened to the teacher and her sentences during the class.  plus i had a good french background.)  when it comes to going further in language i tend to go back to being about average compared to the rest of the class.

i'm pretty good at estimating what time it is or how much time has passed.

dunno if this is learned or not, but if there are two conversations going on around me, i can usually follow and/or participate in both.  not sure if i've always been able to do it and didn't notice it until the last few years or if it's something that i've worked on without realizing it (especially since i did music in high school).

i've got a good sense of direction.

TheCatBehind

Empthy! I can sense how people's moods change to a stimuli with 99% accuracy, as well as understand why did it elicit such a reaction (it's easier for negative reactions)

I can also explain and teach really well, I've been told.

I also have this aesthetic sense, as in I can make 2D and 3D space more appealing, e.g. on a presentation, notes, a living room, a garden. Idk what you'd call that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Then there's a number of things, I think, developed from me playing a lot of vidyiagsmes. Like, hand-eye coordination, strategy, logistics, prepare-for-the-worst-expect-the-best...

I'm also bilingual, with all that that entails :> 

There's a lot more than I expected at first lol :D:D:D 

5 hours ago, warrigan said:

i tend to pick up language basics really quickly- things like verb conjugations, verb tenses, vocab, etc.  i literally walked into my first day of spanish ii and wrote a 5-sentence paragraph at the end of class without having any formal instruction in spanish before that (i knew a few words from friends that did spanish and i listened to the teacher and her sentences during the class.  plus i had a good french background.)  when it comes to going further in language i tend to go back to being about average compared to the rest of the class.

i'm pretty good at estimating what time it is or how much time has passed.

dunno if this is learned or not, but if there are two conversations going on around me, i can usually follow and/or participate in both.  not sure if i've always been able to do it and didn't notice it until the last few years or if it's something that i've worked on without realizing it (especially since i did music in high school).

i've got a good sense of direction.

Oh, I have an amazing sense of time myself. Working fast food really hones that skill, when you are multitasking. 

SorryNotSorry

Spatial acuity is just part of the way I'm wired. I'm aware of geographic direction even when I'm asleep having a vivid dream, and I very rarely get lost. I can glance at a passageway and tell you straight off if something will fit through it or not. If I'd have been a WW2 fighter pilot, I'd have been a top-scoring ace.

Ability to envision how to build something from scratch—unfortunately this is totally incompatible with the pure verbal techniques most other people possess. Last weekend I needed to install a gable vent on a flat panel, and I'd already envisioned how I was going to build the wooden frame for mounting it before the client had even bought the materials. The guy was completely baffled how I was going to pull it off until I completed it.

Ability to put 2 and 2 together. I can think of 4 ways right off the bat to improve an ordinary hand truck to make it more practical.

Synesthesia cannot be taught. It's part of my wiring too.

I've taught myself to accept the laws of physics and work with them, unlike most people I know, who will either try to fight against the laws of physics, or assume everything works the same way in real life as it does on a chakboard.

Alike with the OP, I also am pretty well with observation and mimicking art style, driving, etc. I also tend to pick up how a person is just by watching too. Though I don't like to assume, so I just keep the information to myself and wait until I get to know them, and eventually results seem to be quite spot on.

I'm also very good with empathy and clairsentience, clairaudience at times, and claircognizance. I've always been a very spiritual type of person (not in terms of religion),and this type of stuff has always stuck with me ever since I was a litlte'lun. I also tend to have dreams of things that either have the possibility of happening, or may have happened already, that ends up with me finding out about it the following day. 

I've also got the natural ability of learning how to play a stringed instrument very quickly when putting the time and effort to do so.

And finally, I've got a good sense of direction. If i'm lost somewhere in a city, I'd be able to find my around to the exit with intuition.

That's really all that I can think of right now.

J. van Deijck

probably navigation or whatever it's called.

I observe my environment, remember details and I'll never get lost in the forest or in a foreign city etc. etc.

I also have very good visual/spatial memory.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Comforting, leading , protecting, inspiring people. At least that's what I've been told in the past. Those days are long gone now... Maybe I should rather mention my decent drawing or painting skills instead. While I used to improve myself through countless DIY tutorials and live sessions over the last 30 years, some people would also call it a natural talent.

4 hours ago, Woodworker1968 said:

Spatial acuity is just part of the way I'm wired. I'm aware of geographic direction even when I'm asleep having a vivid dream, and I very rarely get lost. I can glance at a passageway and tell you straight off if something will fit through it or not. If I'd have been a WW2 fighter pilot, I'd have been a top-scoring ace.

Ability to envision how to build something from scratch—unfortunately this is totally incompatible with the pure verbal techniques most other people possess. Last weekend I needed to install a gable vent on a flat panel, and I'd already envisioned how I was going to build the wooden frame for mounting it before the client had even bought the materials. The guy was completely baffled how I was going to pull it off until I completed it.

For biological females, spatial reasoning is usually not as good, as with a males. (Not saying you are female, I just wanted to point this out). So females born with good spatial reasoning are lucky! 

I am biologically female, but my spatial awareness is top tier. I'm very good at knowing if something will fit as well, with room to spare. This made me incredibly good at driving, and organizing. I also have incredible aim, and great with a gun. I'm rather decent at visualization too, and will usually brainstorm what I will do before I do it. To know that I will have everything organized before I start. That just plays into my perfectionism. It is a great skill to have! 

I have a natural ability to not show emotions throughout facial expressions and eyes. I didn't know this, until a teacher said I scared her, because of it. 

I'm very good with kids and elders, but very bad with people my age for some strange reason. Kids will love me, but people my age will hate me from first sight. 

I'm a good listener, people really like to confine in me and I don't judge people, just listen and after give an advise. 

I seem to be good resuming and only saying the essential and also while doing an oral presentation even being full on nerves, am calm enough to say things slowly and in a way everyone understands. People say I seem to be very sure of what I am presenting, when I am just trembling all over and praying to not forget anything. 

- I'm really good at putting things together and taking things apart. I dunno why, just am. Enjoy it too.

- Anything tech related I kinda have a natural gift for. My family has relied on me for everything electronic in the house since I was like...8. TV not working? I got you. Computer got a virus and you never could afford Norton? Homie I am here to help.

J. van Deijck
2 hours ago, Retrobot said:

- I'm really good at putting things together and taking things apart. I dunno why, just am. Enjoy it too.

- Anything tech related I kinda have a natural gift for. My family has relied on me for everything electronic in the house since I was like...8. TV not working? I got you. Computer got a virus and you never could afford Norton? Homie I am here to help.

same for both.

they expect me even to repair the electricity at home <_<

Mhh...

I can...well...roll my tongue^^" 

And then there is this knack for Poetry, that I just have (though it got worse in the last year :D)

Lastly I am a very lucky person....in the sense of gambling. My friends and I were often playing Card- or dice-games...now I am not allowed to play anymore, because I tend to get the best cards XD

AwkwardAxolotl

If I draw something, I remember it almost perfectly. It came in really handy in organic chemistry, draw a chemical reaction once, remember it forever.

Other than video games then I have to work super very hard to be merely decent at pretty much everything o_O

I can learn almost anything by just watching and a few practice.

Selftaught skills:

- Drawing

- Graphic Design

- Languages (English, Español, Some German and Italian)

- Making Webpages

- Computation 

- Video edition

- Etc

1 hour ago, Alexandmb said:

I can learn almost anything by just watching and a few practice.

Selftaught skills:

- Drawing

- Graphic Design

- Languages (English, Español, Some German and Italian)

- Making Webpages

- Computation 

- Video edition

- Etc

I have also taught myself how to draw, make videos, and speak other languages. I have also dabbled in digital art, and music making. 

Archived