About Squishes

All the little Lights

About Squishes  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you tell your squishes that you have a squish on them?

• Yes
    • Only if I know them better
    • Only if I know they love me too
    • Other (please specify below)
    • No
  2. 2. Do you feel like there is a immediate bond formed between you and your squish?

• Yes
    • Sometimes
    • No

All the little Lights

Don't you think it's wonderful to have a squish? 

I like it so much. The best about it, I think, is that I can just tell them I like them.

Do you usually declare your feelings to your squishes?

Umm...I don't usually tell people I have a squish on them because I don't think they understand the concept of having squishes. After breaking up with my previous boyfriend I think I tend to hide it more. I think I currently have a squish on a friend, but I'm not going to tell them because they might want a relationship...When I usually told people I liked them they were like "as in a romantic relationship" while I meant " just wanting to know them more and hang out as friends".

I never tell someone I have a squish on them because I don't want misunderstandings, but I do let them know I appreciate their company, by saying it or by showing it. ,

I have told someone before, and well... it might be the reason we are not friends anymore, so ya be careful 

Stockinette

I haven't had a very good track record with confessing my squishes... One didn't seem interested so I didn't push (though we're still friends). One I had an full-blown aromantic relationship with for 6 months, but then a girl she was romantically attracted to liked her romantically back and our relationship ended. It wasn't even that we broke up; I just woke up one day and the relationship just didn't exist. I'm pretty scared to tell my other squishes anything about how I feel.

My big issue is that a lot of my squishes come attached with sexual attraction, and people tend to take that particular emotional combination as either 1. permission for them to be as creepy as they want to me because I'm "playing around" and want "no strings attached", or 2. me playing with their hearts and emotions. 

Having squishes is lovely, though. It's amazing to be able to hang around the people you like and do cool fun stuff with them, and the feelings themselves are all warm and comfortable. 

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

It depends on the person and situation I guess. I don't have any squishes at the moment but I would try to be as open and honest as possible if the other side could handle it.

J. van Deijck

I'm a rather sincere person who just speaks his mind, so usually they get to know sooner or later. however, talking about feelings, even platonic, is not easy to me. 

yet I have squishes on several people from here (all are absolutely platonic, one is pretty intense) and I guess they all know.

I don't say "squish" but I guess people know if I like them (or dislike them)

J. van Deijck
2 minutes ago, Just Me, Myself and I said:

I'm also a fairly cold person IRL

same.

probably that's why I basically have no irl friends. :lol:

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
49 minutes ago, alpha decay said:

same.

probably that's why I basically have no irl friends. :lol:

Me too. They just don't wanna risk, taking a deeper look "behind the scenes". :twisted:

J. van Deijck
9 minutes ago, Deus Ex Zero said:

Me too. They just don't wanna risk, taking a deeper look "behind the scenes". :twisted:

let's make a team :D we don't have to fear one another :3

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
14 minutes ago, alpha decay said:

let's make a team :D we don't have to fear one another :3

SO true *gives you a deep devilish cyber hug*  Luv ya buddy :wub:

All the little Lights

I love how this thread derailed into a squishy cyber-relationship:-)

I only tell my squishes I like them, never my (romantic or sexual) crushes. But when I do have a squish and tell someone, I make it clear that it is in a platonic way. Often, these are people who wouldn't be interested in a romantic relationship with me anyway. (Because of gendered orientation)

J. van Deijck
21 minutes ago, Deus Ex Zero said:

SO true *gives you a deep devilish cyber hug*  Luv ya buddy :wub:

Omg I'll be blushing for the whole week now :blush::wub: *hugs back* :3

J. van Deijck
1 minute ago, All the little Lights said:

I love how this thread derailed into a squishy cyber-relationship:-)

it just proves my first post in this thread :D

platonic squishes ftw. :3

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
1 minute ago, alpha decay said:

Omg I'll be blushing for the whole week now :blush::wub: *hugs back* :3

*passes dramatically out from too much gaydroid awsesomeness, falling onto the floor, all limbs spreaded*

You know...if this would just be in another life or time line, an alternative universe...I would just make my move on ya now *lol*

Coloqually it's called a friend crush, so maybe people'd take confessions better if you worded it like that.

_____-________-_

Squishes aha. I may have a few, i just want to develop bonds that go deeper than friendship. Im sick of being used in a relationship. So thats why i would much prefer someone i can slowly develop a deep bond and relationship with.

@KarinExMachina Deeper than friendship? Squishes aren't crushes. If simple friendship isn't desired it's not a squish.

J. van Deijck

I want someone to be my brother. how do you call that?

Well, my squishes tend to be at least ten years older than I am. My most recent squish is a teacher...

So no, I don't tell them. 

All the little Lights
20 hours ago, aceidk said:

Hey, guys; is there a generally established difference between a squish and a QP partner?

Well, I'd say it's the same as the difference between a crush and a romantic partner. You feel romantically attracted to a crush, and are in a relationship with a partner. These might overlap of course:-)

J. van Deijck

yeah. I'm still romantically attracted to my bf, but of course he knows it. :o:D

Guest Deus Ex Infinity
21 hours ago, aceidk said:

Hey, guys; is there a generally established difference between a squish and a QP partner?

Yes, I would say so. Technically. I could see  @alpha decay as a platonic squish for exmaple while not being romantically attracted to him. So there's definitedly a difference here.

All the little Lights
16 minutes ago, Deus Ex Zero said:

Yes, I would say so. Technically. I could see  @alpha decay as a platonic squish for exmaple while not being romantically attracted to him. So there's definitedly a difference here.

But neither a squish nor a QP partner are something romantic though.

J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, Deus Ex Zero said:

:blush:

Archived