More iformation on aposexuality (also known as lithosexualithl

Ana Clara

While part of me doesn't care what I label myself because I'm really not sharing  it with anyone, the other part of me wants to find out exactly what's going on with me and find a term that can fit my identity the closest. Right now the best thing I an find is aposexual. It's also known as lithosexual (i feel like this is more common) or akoisexual (sometimes mispelled "akio-"). I dont like lithosexual because given the fact that "litho-" means "rock/stone" it's more metaphorical and to me it sounds like someone just wanted to make a sciency sounding name. "Akoi-" doesnt mean anything, as least not from greek or latin roots. If anyone can tell me where that even came from that'd be nice.

I've been trying to find more information on aposexuals and there's so little out there. Is there any research on asexuality or sexualities in general that has covered aposexuals? I really would like to find more information on aposexuals that isn't just someones blog post on tumblr. As much as I love tumblr, it's really hard for me to take anything I read too seriously becuase usually there aren't any sources to back up what the person is saying.

Please, if you are aposexual or if you have any links to research papers or websites with more information let me know.

Sorry if there's any typos I'm writting on mobile.

Also, if this was the wrong place to post this let me know please.

Edit: fixed spelling and grammer

Lana Overland

I'm Lithromantic, but I haven't come across any research either. 

It's Lith or Litho; the latter preferred by some people of other languages because it's easier for them to pronounce. I normally see it spelled as the former though and it's the most popularly used prefix for the term (probably because that's the original). Akoi is sometimes spelled Akoine, but no one knows where its prefix came from/what it means. Some have theories but none of them make sense toward the definition of the term. So for the same reasons as you, I prefer Apo. But Fraysexual largely overlaps with this/used to be included in Apo's meaning. So the two term need slight redefining. If you can take reciprocation but eventually can't then that should actually fall under Fray.

As for research, no. But Lithromantic is common enough that allosexuals know about it (not by name but definition) i.e. there are articles and even some vids on it. But it doesn't really translate to the same reasoning sexually (i.e. the romantics "just need ego therapy"). But it could have something to do with the brain being sensitive to being sexually turned off. That is to say, biologically humans aren't made to be monogamous because their brains naturally become sexually numb after so long of exposure toward one person. Its point in existing being to procreate with as many as possible. Literally it's the same part of the brain that makes you lose interest in eating your favorite food after repeatedly eating it every day. So I guess you could call that scientific research on it.

(monogamy geek out vids: linklink, linklink, linklinklink --some have repeated info but all have different info--and the following are irrelavent to the topic but very interesting and elaborate on mentioned info in a couple of the vids: link and link)

Archived