Asexual Dating Math

Pramana

I completely agree, you need to know how to be a self-sufficient person and not rely a relationship to make them happy. This is something that I occasionally struggle with; more often than not, I'm pretty content with being alone and doing my own thing. Then there are other times where being alone gets to me a little and I start thinking about having a boyfriend or girlfriend and what it would be like. I could never see myself going on a dating app and I'm pretty shy in public, so I don't know how I'm going to eventually meet someone.

The concept of being self-sufficient and overall happy with yourself as a single person is SO important regardless of sexuality!! It is such a big part of our culture even now to plan on having a relationship that people are forced into such a small box of thinking, and they feel empty or incomplete without a partner. There are, of course, exceptions to this rule, but I know a lot of people who are already dependent on having a relationship– not just to have a "nurse" or financial support, but for the emotional security of their own infatuation being reciprocated. Love can so easily become the defining feature in a person's life, to the point that they feel worthless without someone to direct it towards romantically. And this shouldn't have to be the norm...it is unhealthy for anyone of any gender or sexuality to define themselves on their "other half" when it means that their own half is not good enough to stand alone.

• 3 weeks later...
Anime Pancake

Yeah finding a girl thats compatible with me and wants to be with me is not easy. Then a girl that doesnt want sex, lives in my country or is cool with not living near each other, and a lot of other things. It seems impossible. Internet forums and apps help meeting people thankfully

• 1 year later...
On 6/16/2017 at 6:57 PM, Dodecahedron314 said:

And here I went into this thread thinking it was going to be about an ace who was in a happy and loving relationship with the concept of mathematics. As someone who's been romantically shipped with their math textbook by other people since high school, I'm a little disappointed. :P 

Oh my hyperbolic cosine.* That ace is me. Never thought I'd see a comment like that come out of someone else's brain.

To elaborate, I'm the ace who loves integrals more than she'll ever love anyone else 😜 

∫∫                  ∫∫∫

*an exclamation that can also be said as 'Oh my cosh'

Archived