Touch fondness I guess?

all.that.jazz

Touch fondness I guess?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Do you, as an ace, enjoy or even at times even crave physical contact with other people?

• Frequently
    • Occasionally
    • Never

This poll is closed to new votes

I mentioned this in another poll, but I love being hugged and cuddled and stroked/petted, and most of my romantic desires are centered around this. I prefer clothes on, though.

I love hugs from family and friends, and even the occasional platonic cuddles.  I do feel kind of lonely if I go without hugs for a long time, and crave some sort of human touch.

• 5 months later...

I hate being touched unless it's completely necessary. I wonder how much I would be willing to compromise if I ever find a partner who would be the opposite.

I'm touch-starved and I love physical contact but only with people I feel comfortable with and there's not a lot of them.

girlwiththelongskirt

Define physical contact. I enjoy cuddling (it does make me feel weird/doesn't feel right, but at the same time makes me feel kinda loved I guess), sometimes holding hands when I'm very anxious, but I don't crave it.

I occasionally do feel that touch would be nice.  I like cuddling with my cat, and I sometimes warmly appreciate hugs from family or people I know better.  I think with people I don't know so well I'm a little concerned it might be taken for flirting or something, so that makes me hesitant/wary/avoidant of touch with a lot of people.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a version of demisexual for touching?  I normally need some sort of connection to not be touch adverse.

On 6/14/2017 at 9:22 PM, all.that.jazz said:

I read a poll about aces who are touch-averse, and I'm curious about the other way around! Are there other aces who experience touch hunger, or a desire to have (non-intimate) physical contact with people? For me, it doesn't matter who you are, if I know you or not, I will hug you (only if you are alright with it of course). And I'm a complete cuddlebug. Thoughts?

Edit: I worded this as "skin hunger" when that's not at all what I meant. 

Yes. Me me me me!

LunarianLight

I enjoy gentle platonic touching from family members.  Anything more than that and I start to get the heebie jeebies due to sensory issues.  I could pet and cuddle my cat for HOURS, though. :D

• 4 months later...

I mainly only like hugging family and close friends. I always hated being touched or held, and it took forever to figure out that I'm cool with it as long as I initiate it ( ask someone to draw on my back, play with my hair, lay my head on a shoulder). But I'll only initiate physical contact with those who already set the precedent, so its kind of a loop. I'll go days without even touching someone and feel fine.

• 2 weeks later...

@all.that.jazz

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived