?

cavalier080854

AVEN is a website, and not a club, me thinks. I'd use a website, then not have reason to use it for a while, then use it again. I don't like everything on all websites, one fashion website I often visit is https://www.carolinecharles.co.uk/ and sometimes, nothing they have on offer interests me. It's a website, so I never "leave", it's always there if I need.

On AVEN, lots of discussions are of no interest to me, and that's fine with me. I only read the bits that interest me.

It's a website, visit it as and when you fancy. 

I think whether or not you should leave AVEN entirely depends on you.  You say you do not agree with the ideology of AVEN, and if that is your reason for leaving you need to evaluate whether the benefits of using the meetup mart is worth interacting with a site you disagree with.  Whether or not it's worth it will depend on how active the meetup mart is for your area, how much enjoyment you get/could potentially get out of meetups, and how strongly you disagree with AVEN.  Those are all things that you'll have to answer on your own.

To be honest, if you enjoy the meets, then stopping going to them just because you disagree with other things on AVEN seems a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The meets are their own thing, and there are plenty of people who only stick to Meetup Mart (including probably some who do so because they don't like what goes on outside of it), so it's a perfectly reasonable and valid compromise to make in my opinion. But then again, I think it probably depends on how much you enjoy the meets compared to how much you disagree with/dislike the rest of AVEN. 

But if you want a definite vote, I'd be inclined to say not to give up something you enjoy, and stay for the meets.

What you do is entirely up to you.  

I don't agree with everyone/everything here, either. I think benefits outweigh the annoyances. What you do is up to you. There are plenty of people who noticeably avoid or focus on certain forums.

if you enjoy and like the meet up section, then i say keep using aven for it only.

stay for the meet up section

I'll echo what everyone else is saying: stay for the things you like. No sense in "throwing out the baby with the bath water", to use an old colloquialism :) 

Confusion 0

If you enjoy the meet-ups, then go to them. No one could or would stop you. Entirely your decision.

cavalier080854

Thanks for the info, the vote is, 5 for staying, 2 undecided (one of these could be a horse), 0 to go. And 3 with a different answer to the moral dilemma. Interesting that some view AVEN as just a website, I view it as a community, bringing into focus tribalism, something which I ascribe to, as do most people. Being in the British Army fosters an Esprit de corps within you.

So I'm staying, though I have found the concept of Gender is hardening and more intolerant, even contradictory since January. Whose is right, with the most offended, the most intolerant and likely to report. Interesting that the warnings, which lasts for 3 months is still on my account after 6 months.

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

Only you can decide, you have the inside track on what's happening on your side. AVEN will hopefully be here whatever.

• 1 year later...

@cavalier080854

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived