What is the appeal in butts? (slight tmi? I'm paranoid)

athenahono

Like ok no idea where to put this (mods help me out here) (maybe slight tmi too idk i'm paranoid) 

But I've always wondered this and any sexual (of multiple sexualities) I've asked can't really explain this to me.

What is the appeal in a person's ass? 

Like it's two globes of fat that crap comes out of. And we sit on it and it helps us walk.

What's the appeal??? I don't get it.

If I could go through life without worrying about it I would but I'm always told "nice ass" and other crap like that and I don't understand what's so great about it?

Any answers?? maybe???

This is a fine section to put it in, no worries :P

I couldn't tell you exactly what the appeal of a butt is..... I'm just ace enough to not find them attractive I guess ;)

But typically, most things we find attractive I find are related to evolution. For example, big breasts suggest ample food for offspring. So the males who found breasts attractive mated with the bigger breasted females and, as it did indeed provide more food, it became a common interest.

I suppose a nice rear end might suggest different things; Some people prefer a tight one which suggests athleticism. Some prefer a thicker one and thicker butts might suggest that the female is able to feed herself well and thus her offspring.... Not exactly sure what it could be.

Also, though the reason liking a certain body part is that it supports evolution, it's rare people fantasize about that part for it's intended use. i.e. no person attracted to females are thinking "wow, those double d's could feed my future children so well!!!!" so the reason people give could be different from the reason we evolved to feel that way :lol:

I think it may be worth pointing out that different people find different features attractive for dozens of reasons too. Some sexuals might not care for butts while some are all for it. But evolution is the main reason I'd give :)

Okay, honestly, I've been wondering the same because I knew someone who just loved to grab peoples' butts with/without consent and it got on my nerves.

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

THIS THREAD!!!! 

58 minutes ago, athenahono said:

If I could go through life without worrying about it I would but I'm always told "nice ass" and other crap like that and I don't understand what's so great about it?

^ i have never understood that comment. All i know is i felt uncomfortable every time i heard it.

It's weird because when I've asked others what's so great about pockets of fat & nerves, i never get a definitive answer. I assume it's aesthetically pleasing (for some people) & evolution

Thanks for the help everyone! I've been so confused about it! 

13 minutes ago, FranciumSenpai said:

Okay, honestly, I've been wondering the same because I knew someone who just loved to grab peoples' butts with/without consent and it got on my nerves.

Ugh I hate people like that!!! I smack em. Don't f**k with me i have a good b***chslap. :angry::angry::angry::angry: 

Lord Jade Cross

I thought it was because it gave you mad karate skills and people wanted to learn like Master Betty from Kun pow? :o

2 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

I thought it was because it gave you mad karate skills and people wanted to learn like Master Betty from Kun pow? :o

I literally laughed at this for 5 minutes straight

fatal flower-boy

I don't get it either, I really dont. I'm  trying get rid of mine :c But like another poster said, it's all about preference!

2 hours ago, athenahono said:

Ugh I hate people like that!!! I smack em. Don't f**k with me i have a good b***chslap. :angry::angry::angry::angry: 

Surprisingly, I ended up dating her but that fell out because of a combination of her immature behavior (getting mad at me for going to college, of all things), seeming to only want me for my body (literally she'd talk to anyone willing to listen for several hours about my ass, it was weird. and no, we didn't have sex, thankfully) and then also because she wouldn't stop touching my ass ugh omg

I don't get it either. My ex was a self-proclaimed "ass-man" *shudders* 

For me, the appeal is all in the face. If you have an attractive face, I'm attracted to you. If you have a nice body, okay, but it doesn't matter to me that much. 

I really don't get people who are only attracted to others for their butts/boobs/whatever. Makes no sense to me. 

One time someone I knew said "Are you ready for this?" and they seemed to be getting ready to do something. At first I was confused with what he was going to do until I realised he was going to spank some guy's butt. I stared at him in horror and said "Nononononononononononononono...!" He gave me a mildly confused look before he spanked the other guy. I continued to look horrified as the other guy ignored it and the person who spanked the other guy let me know that the other person was used to it. I continued looking horrified and the person who spanked the guy and another person watching were looking at me like I was a little crazy. I'm pretty sure that even though I haven't told many people I'm ace that if they've heard of asexual that they probably knew I was ace before I knew myself.

Not a clue. Excessively large assets make me uncomfortable and I can't help but think about how annoying it must be to live with them.

It's especially uncomfortable when a certain family member listens to fitness videos where the host talks endlessly about "toning the booty". Gross.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet

I don't understand it too much either.

Extremely small,flat behinds repulses me to no end.

*But it's all about preference, like other users posted. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.*

I only see aesthetic appeal first and foremost on the face.

If you have a pretty face,your pretty,period.

If you have a nice curvy or slim body,great.

But personality and face is the most important to me.

*shrug* Dunno. I guess they can be nice looking, but I'm never gonna jump from thinking "that is a nice looking, well formed butt," to "I wanna touch that butt." Doesn't happen. So I couldn't say what the appeal is for other people, beyond aesthetics. 

ItWasNiceKnowingYou
2 hours ago, Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet said:

But personality and face is the most important to me.

^This. Except i love eyes & personalities. But yes :)

And Ruru is bae all around, beauty and personality :D

On 6/12/2017 at 10:39 PM, Puck said:

This is a fine section to put it in, no worries :P

I couldn't tell you exactly what the appeal of a butt is..... I'm just ace enough to not find them attractive I guess ;)

But typically, most things we find attractive I find are related to evolution. For example, big breasts suggest ample food for offspring. So the males who found breasts attractive mated with the bigger breasted females and, as it did indeed provide more food, it became a common interest.

I suppose a nice rear end might suggest different things; Some people prefer a tight one which suggests athleticism. Some prefer a thicker one and thicker butts might suggest that the female is able to feed herself well and thus her offspring.... Not exactly sure what it could be.

Also, though the reason liking a certain body part is that it supports evolution, it's rare people fantasize about that part for it's intended use. i.e. no person attracted to females are thinking "wow, those double d's could feed my future children so well!!!!" so the reason people give could be different from the reason we evolved to feel that way :lol:

I think it may be worth pointing out that different people find different features attractive for dozens of reasons too. Some sexuals might not care for butts while some are all for it. But evolution is the main reason I'd give :)

Bigger breasts don't actually produce any more milk than smaller breasts and if they're too big it can actually make breastfeeding more difficult. 

People don't logically choose to like those features, it's not like they thought, "hey, I've come to the conclusion that asses are hot for reasons x, y, and z,"

19 hours ago, m4rble said:

Bigger breasts don't actually produce any more milk than smaller breasts and if they're too big it can actually make breastfeeding more difficult. 

People don't logically choose to like those features, it's not like they thought, "hey, I've come to the conclusion that asses are hot for reasons x, y, and z,"

Well, human are one of the only animals with enlarged mamory gland when the females aren't nursing. It is believed by most evolutionary scientist that it is attached to the fact that healthy breast that can fill out can be linked to better being able to feed their young. It's true that, because evolution is never a straight A to B and it also doesn't go to what's best rather what works, it may not be as helpful as might be expected. However, scientists have come to understand it as a connection for sure.

And you are right, it's not logical. Evolution is rarely logical, it's just what works. For example, giraffes didn't always have long necks. However, the ones with longer necks could reach more food. Over time, the longer necked ones had more chances to survive as they had more access to food and so were more likely to survive to mate. Thus more long necked offspring were born and so forth. It wasn't a choice, it's just how it happened. So, as I said in my original post, no one is looking at breasts and is saying "wow, those could feel my offspring well," rather they are looking at them and liking them for other reasons which happens to compliment the evolutionary benefit.

I'll give another example to apply it to butts, for this example I'll use "tight" ones and go with the reason being athleticism. A human male thousands of years ago looked at a tight female butt and liked it for it's shape or how it moved. So he mated with that female and had tight butted offspring. When other humans were being hunted by animals, bears or what have you, he and his tight butted thus athletic wife and children could escape because they were athletic. The other humans were more likely to be eaten. The male did NOT look at that butt and say "that is a butt that can survive bear attacks." he just liked the shape and look. But this feeling complimented the evolution as it breed athleticism, and so evolution happened.

All I am saying is that the feelings are random, but the more popular the sexualized feature, the more likely they directly complement a feature that helped humans survive.

PS. That was the funniest way I have ever gotten to explain evolution and I am so happy I got to type "that is a butt that can survive bear attacks."

6 minutes ago, Puck said:

Well, human are one of the only animals with enlarged memory gland when the females aren't nursing. It is believed by most evolutionary scientist that it is attached to the fact that healthy breast that can fill out can be linked to better being able to feed their young. It's true that, because evolution is never a straight A to B and it also doesn't go to what's best rather what works, it may not be as helpful as might be expected. However, scientists have come to understand it as a connection for sure.

And you are right, it's not logical. Evolution is rarely logical, it's just what works. For example, giraffes didn't always have long necks. However, the ones with longer necks could reach more food. Over time, the longer necked ones had more chances to survive as they had more access to food and so were more likely to survive to mate. Thus more long necked offspring were born and so forth. It wasn't a choice, it's just how it happened. So, as I said in my original post, no one is looking at breasts and is saying "wow, those could feel my offspring well," rather they are looking at them and liking them for other reasons which happens to compliment the evolutionary benefit.

I'll give another example to apply it to butts, for this example I'll use "tight" ones and go with the reason being athleticism. A human male thousands of years ago looked at a tight female butt and liked it for it's shape or how it moved. So he mated with that female and had tight butted offspring. When other humans were being hunted by animals, bears or what have you, he and his tight butted thus athletic wife and children could escape because they were athletic. The other humans were more likely to be eaten. The male did NOT look at that butt and say "that is a butt that can survive bear attacks." he just liked the shape and look. But this feeling complimented the evolution as it breed athleticism, and so evolution happened.

All I am saying is that the feelings are random, but the more popular the sexualized feature, the more likely they directly complement a feature that helped humans survive.

PS. That was the funniest way I have ever gotten to explain evolution and I am so happy I got to type "that is a butt that can survive bear attacks."

I wasn't talking about evolution being logical, I meant it wasn't a logical choice for people to like butts(it's not really a choice at all in fact, it's an involuntary emotional response). That part wasn't in response to you, but the general thread asking why individuals like butts.

The latest I heard was that breast size didn't affect milk production but I guess I'm wrong. I've heard of at least one case where large breasts made it difficult to breastfeed. My idea was that both butts and breasts are sexually dimorphic features which is why people might find them attractive. Plus, they both store fat which could be useful in times of famine. 

12 minutes ago, m4rble said:

I wasn't talking about evolution being logical, I meant it wasn't a logical choice for people to like butts(it's not really a choice at all in fact, it's an involuntary emotional response). That part wasn't in response to you, but the general thread asking why individuals like butts.

The latest I heard was that breast size didn't affect milk production but I guess I'm wrong. I've heard of at least one case where large breasts made it difficult to breastfeed. My idea was that both butts and breasts are sexually dimorphic features which is why people might find them attractive. Plus, they both store fat which could be useful in times of famine. 

I think you could be right that breasts that are too big might affect nursing. I don't know where the line is, but I wouldn't at all be surprised by it. I know I had a friend who had smaller breasts and struggled to feed though. She had to make sure to pump her milk to be sure she was producing as much as possible. So I believe size has some baring, but it's right to say that bigger =\= better nor does smaller.... I guess it must be ideal somewhere in the middle :P

Anywho, totally agree it's not a logical choice for what folks like, people fall in love with all sorts of things about another person, rarely with much logic.

Just now, Puck said:

I think you could be right that breaks that are too big might affect nursing. I don't know where the line is, but I wouldn't at all be surprised by it. I know I had a friend who had smaller breasts and struggled to feed though. She had to make sure to pump her milk to be sure she was producing as much as possible. So I believe size has some baring, but it's right to say that bigger =\= better nor does smaller.... I guess it must be somewhere in the middle :P

Anywho, totally agree it's not a logical choice for what folks like, people fall in love with all sorts of things about another person, rarely with much logic.

True, but I wouldn't equate liking someone's ass with falling in love. :P

13 hours ago, m4rble said:

True, but I wouldn't equate liking someone's ass with falling in love. :P

Sure, totally fair :D I suppose I should say someone finds themselves attracted to another for random, illogical reasons :P

This should have been my first clue (well, maybe not first, but thereabouts) that I was ace. In middle school, when people first started talking about someone's ass they found hot, I was immediately incredulous. It was bizarre, and it felt even more bizarre that no one else commented on how bizarre it was.

Ruru+Saphhy=Garnet
8 hours ago, SimplyAce said:

^This. Except i love eyes & personalities. But yes :)

And Ruru is bae all around, beauty and personality :D

Awwww thanks!

Simplyace is the definition of beauty and awesomeness! :)

On 6/13/2017 at 0:39 AM, FranciumSenpai said:

Surprisingly, I ended up dating her but that fell out because of a combination of her immature behavior (getting mad at me for going to college, of all things), seeming to only want me for my body (literally she'd talk to anyone willing to listen for several hours about my ass, it was weird. and no, we didn't have sex, thankfully) and then also because she wouldn't stop touching my ass ugh omg

Ugh that sounds toxic, I'm sorry you had to go through all that.

Also it's amazing to see all these people relate, I thought I was alone in this thought. 

Should've figured I wasn't lol

I can't see any sexual appeal in them (or pretty much anything else haha), but I do like the shape of rounded women's buttocks and actually men's ones too, the muscular ones, when you can see muscle definition. They just have an aesthetic appeal to me, something about the curves maybe :) They look beautiful on Greek and Roman sculptures too, especially with fabric (erm stone fabric?) draped below.   

26 minutes ago, athenahono said:

Also it's amazing to see all these people relate, I thought I was alone in this thought. 

Should've figured I wasn't lol

Ha ha ha, welcome to an asexual website :D

Just now, Puck said:

Ha ha ha, welcome to an asexual website :D

Lol trueeeeee I have no idea why I thought nobody would relate :mellow::mellow::mellow: *facepalms*

Archived