What gender equality movement do you align yourself with?

Guest And Peggy

What the title says  

166 members have voted

1. 1. What the title says

• Feminism
    • Men's rights movement
    • Another movement not listed here
    • None of them because they're equally shit
    • None of them because they're equally beneficial
    • All of them because they're equally beneficial
    • I have no opinion about gender equality groups
    • shut the fuck up peggy why did you have to bring this topic into census forum it's bad enough in hot box

This poll is closed to new votes

ItWasNiceKnowingYou

Contemplating between "because they're all sh*t" and "because they're all beneficial"...... Though i agree with the last option too....but i wouldn't say "f*ck"..... I like "fudge" better.

So many decisions O-O 

Feminism for simply gender equality. Though, I honestly avoid throwing that term around because a lot of people think of the extremists... Then again, there a lot, if not always extremists in any group, and they're just awful. :'D 

Grumpy Alien

I'm a feminist I guess

Lord Jade Cross
1 hour ago, Maou-sama said:

I don't align with any group, I simply defend them when needed, hate on them when they deserve it. 

Which more often than not is the case (hating on them I mean). I cant take any group seriously because they all eventually end up right back where they started, either on opposites or same sides.

I'm an egalitarian. I don't support feminism because I don't support the celebration of "femininity", like some kind of exclusive club which only cis female-identifying people can get into ("girl power!"). The same goes for masculinity. However, I do support fighting corruption and discrimination against any gender identity.

I'm not a big supporter of any "Group" i find that "Groups" tend to be like high school years where everyone starts to pick and chose what they like and don't and it becomes

more of a popularity contest on who is the best of the best I've always done my best to stay away from any kind of "Group" i support gender i support equality but i won't stand for crap either both sides are equal to me and if people want equality, then that's equality everyone gets the same rights no one higher then the other and that's sorta what i "Stand by" or try to stand by unless that goes down hill someday too. 

sorry but I voted stfu xD

the way I support gender equality is I try to treat all genders equally. 

Proud feminist, because generally, it is femininity that is seen as "lesser" in society. I don't care about negative connotations around "angry feminists", and I won't shy away from the term

Feminism because I use my theory of feminism to try to treat all genders fairly 

None, they're all overrun by extremists 

I generally consider myself a feminist

I align myself or would align myself with any gender equality movement which greatly relaxes gender roles for men and any which strives to support gender variant and transgender people.

I'm very much a feminist, and to me it means believing in and fighting for gender equality.  It makes me sad that it can be so extreme as to alienate so many people who really do believe in gender equality.  Feminism often has the reputation of being angry, extreme or exclusive and only for women.  I suppose some people really do use this definition (particularly the people who don't identify as feminists?)), but I know me and all the people I know who call themselves feminists use it to mean they support equality for all genders.

I don't align myself with any group, but many of my beliefs fall into what is feminism. TERFs kinda put a bad taste in my mouth for choosing to call myself a feminist. I support feminism where I can, but I just call myself a supporter of gender equality, not a feminist.

Debating between "they're equally shite" and "they're equally beneficial" because I don't particularly care for either group but both of them have some good points. Never been one to place a huge amount of importance in labels.

I don't really identify with either label.  I'm for treating people of all genders equal, but don't think it's worth labeling or identifying with a group, since feminism and men's right movements carry too much negative connotations already.  Ultimately think striving for equality is much more important than which "side" you identify with, and wish there was more focus on treating everyone with respect rather than bashing the opposing side.

On 6/11/2017 at 2:16 PM, Kelpie said:

Feminism because I use my theory of feminism to try to treat all genders fairly 

Yes, that is exactly how I feel too. Unfortunately, what I have read of the "Men's Movement" seems rooted in misogyny...which just does further disservice to men, who are already burdened with a ton of crappy messages promoting a toxic caricature of 'masculinity' that is as detrimental as the equally toxic messages of what "femininity" is supposed to be...neither of which is what "equality" should actually mean.

darkstreamers252

"I have no opinion about gender equality groups."

I critique the major ones when they need it, and I support gender equality, but not organizations with other agendas, so no.

Confusion 0

"Another movement not listed here". Egalitarianism all the way.

cavalier080854

As a 14 year old I was an avid 2nd wave "Womens Liberationist" in the 60's and marched with my schoolgirl friends on many rallies ( I challenge anyone to find a man on a Womens Liberation march photo from the 60/70s).. Which was an egalitarian movement. I wouldn't touch Feminism with a barge pole. It has warped and twisted from equality to special treatment, equal opportunity to equity of outcome, empowerment to victimhood and grievance (you cannot be empowered and be a victim). Poses no solutions, only promotion of non issues, it is hypocritical, contradictory, double standards (my body my choice for women, to mens body feminists choice "toxic masculinity") using debunked statistics (wage gap has been disproved for over 20 years). Demonising normal mens behaviour. Is bad for men, women and relationships between the genders. There are no issues for feminism in the west 1st world worth fighting for (sexism exists for both genders as well as domestic violence, rape etc, but laws are being framed with only women as victims). Womens Liberation, good. Feminism, cancer. See "The RED PILL". The girls I was with are now Grandmothers and they cannot stand modern 3/4th wave feminism and regard them as idiots and indoctrinated to an ideology which is self destructive, taking away self determination and replacing it with an almost religious cult like restriction (pro choice, liberal/ cultural Marxism or you are not a real feminist). 2nd wavers are independent and take no shit from anyone, get out of the way or be run over, all have gotten where they are on their own merits, not by having a vagina, they laugh at safe spaces, every obstacle is there to be overcome, if they are not good enough then someone else deserves the post. Meritocracy rules.

I don’t align myself with any such movement and I don’t think any of those movements are needed in the western world. They are more dividing and doing damage than anything else in my eyes.

I am strongly opposed to nowadays western feminist movements, intersectional feminism and their identity politics and oppression Olympics. I criticize them whenever it’s needed because their ideology has started to influence our society in an incredibly negative, destructive way.

• 2 weeks later...

General equality between my fellow humans? Gender, income, race, orientation, we're all the same flawed sentient beings who will one day perish and return to the earth same as anyone else. Our only surviving impact will be in the lives of the others... trivial differences shouldn't make us treat each other like crap.

• 10 months later...
AngryAbrosexualPanromantic

Feminism, because, despite how people who don't want gender equality try and portray us (the angry Feminist, the stupid liberal, etc), feminism is about equality. True Feminism is inclusive, of black women, trans women, men, enbys, everyone. 

Also, the Men's Rights Movement is not about gender equality. They are literally the opposite. They try to shut down feminism and act as if feminism has swung society in favour of women, which is obviously utter poppycock, and I don't need to explain why. I'd leave off the 'movement' as they are against gender equality. 

I'd put on egalitarian instead of MRM, because, despite their pretensious act of being above feminism, and they're clear lack of understanding of feminism, they are at least fighting for gender equality, and there are a fair few who prefer this label.

Archived