Trump proposing to put solar panels on border wall

Yatogami

At least that wall would be used for something good then :D 

A mere monkey

I thought the wall was gonna be so tall it would block out the sun.

3 minutes ago, A mere monkey said:

I thought the wall was gonna be so tall it would block out the sun.

Could put them on the top of the wall, then it wouldn't be a problem.

I'll save opinion for when it is more fleshed out.

did you know: people put solar panels on things usually because those things are already there. you are also allowed to put solar panels on nothing at all.

And then put it as a barrier between two countries where, if tensions rise, stand a good chance of becoming damaged? I would rather we have rows of solar panels in the desert than trying to make a border wall look like a good idea.

39 minutes ago, ShyFeather said:

And then put it as a barrier between two countries where, if tensions rise, stand a good chance of becoming damaged? I would rather we have rows of solar panels in the desert than trying to make a border wall look like a good idea.

To be fair, one issue of solar panels is that they occasionally get dirty and have to be cleaned. If you have people patrolling the wall anyway, might as well use them to clean solar panels.

48 minutes ago, ShyFeather said:

The benefits outweigh the cons tbh. We are talking enough energy generated by it to pay for the wall in no time. 

The type of solar panel they will use is graffiti proof, and by the looks of it, flexible. So damaging it would be difficult if you can't get to it to begin with. Mexican government won't do anything to it, because that would be an act of war. If anything, some people might throw rocks, but its not enough damage to even consider it a bad idea. The cartels would be a bigger concern, but that is what boarder patrol is for.

But yes I remember when I drove through the (vast) deserts of California, Nevada and Arizona I thought it would be a good idea to have solar panels or sun catchers there. Good thing Trump think the same :P

13 minutes ago, Maou-sama said:

We are talking enough energy generated by it to pay for the wall in no time. 

Can't decide if :rolleyes: or :lol:. Do you really believe in what you write? Geez.

10 minutes ago, fart said:

It would most likely take decades to pay for itself. 

Usa spends more on military craft, than the cost of solar, and the wall combined. The Usa government spending budget is in the trillions. Even if it takes 20 years, it will be a source of revenue later. You gotta spend money to make money. Thats what it means to plan for the future. Not investing in something, because its not immediately rewarding, is immature.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Can't decide if :rolleyes: or :lol:. Do you really believe in what you write? Geez.

I was being a bit excited there, sue me.

Can't even be a bit casual without people nitpicking. <_<

1 minute ago, Maou-sama said:

I was being a bit excited nonsensical there, sue me.

FTFY

6 minutes ago, Maou-sama said:

Usa spends more on military craft, than the cost of solar, and the wall combined. The Usa government spending budget is in the trillions. Even if it takes 20 years, it will be a source of revenue later. You gotta spend money to make money. Thats what it means to plan for the future. Not investing in something, because its not immediately rewarding, is immature.

So well, you support expansive government policies? 

19 minutes ago, ThaHoward said:

So well, you support expansive government policies? 

I support logical investments into the future. 

Just now, Maou-sama said:

I support logical investments into the future. 

So you're basically in support og social liberal economics, yet you are opposed to it and vote for Trump?

23 minutes ago, Homer said:

FTFY

Its not nonsensical at all. Uts called exaggeration, because I don't know how long, because I'm too lazy to do the math.

3 minutes ago, ThaHoward said:

So you're basically in support og social liberal economics, yet you are opposed to it and vote for Trump?

What I support heavily depends on the issue in any case, economic or not.

More often than not though, I don't support the bullshit proposed. I don't even see this as "social liberal", I see it as infrastructure.

And they'll bus in loads of migrant workers to clean and maintain it :P

2 hours ago, fart said:

It would most likely take decades to pay for itself. 

Usually that'd be a conservative argument against a non-proven technology in an area like DC that doesn't get as much sunlight. :P 

But it's attempting to pay for itself, unlike most government projects. That alone is noteworthy. I haven't been a fan of the government getting involved in the green-technology search, because it hasn't been that fruitful at all, but if they want to adopt one that actually works and isn't a "renewable energy" farce ( unlike electrical cars) then I'm not opposed to it since it'd only add another aspect onto an already useful project.

The US govt is rarely involved in projects that are functional, isn't a sinkhole of welfare, and have the ability to pay for itself eventually. (shrugs) Some design will win, this one could be interesting.

1 hour ago, fart said:

they should put in hydro electric dams too to harvest all those supposed liberal tears 

LOL! If they keep crying we'll talk. ;) There were definitely tears.

Californians are pretty close to the Hoover Dam.. :P

Anthracite_Impreza

Silver lining and all that.

CaptainYesterday

I don't really have a political statement about this, I just think it's actually quite funny.

People call Trump a master troll, but this is really the first thing I would say he's done that could be considered a quality troll.  Well, maybe the Pence impeachment insurance counts.  But this is still pretty funny to me.

7 minutes ago, CaptainYesterday said:

I don't really have a political statement about this, I just think it's actually quite funny.

People call Trump a master troll, but this is really the first thing I would say he's done that could be considered a quality troll.  Well, maybe the Pence impeachment insurance counts.  But this is still pretty funny to me.

I applaud you're finding it funny!   Truly.

However, he hasn't "done" it yet.   He hasn't done anything yet, in fact.  

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

I'm against building a wall, I see no point to it and it's a waste of money. Majority of undocumented immigrants come in legally . Adding solar Panels to it is pretty funny to me though :lol: It's just trying to further justify a stupid idea.

7 hours ago, CaptainYesterday said:

What about saying Theaters should be safe spaces when Pence got boo'd after Hamilton? Pretty much using safe space against "progressives". That was my personal favorite troll of Trump.

12 hours ago, Maou-sama said:

Mexican government won't do anything to it, because that would be an act of war. If anything, some people might throw rocks, but its not enough damage to even consider it a bad idea. 

Let me tell you a story about the Berlin wall...

7 hours ago, Kelpie said:

It's not the same. That divided an existing country, this doesn't. This puts a barrier on an already existing border. 

7 hours ago, Kelpie said:

And that happened due to the government(s) not doing anything - because of a misunderstanding. I doubt if people where to tear down the wall USA would just sit by and watch...

32 minutes ago, Maou-sama said:

It's not the same. That divided an existing country, this doesn't. This puts a barrier on an already existing border. 

It's not the same, but you underestimate the power of the common people. If they want it down, someday, they will get it down. 

32 minutes ago, ThaHoward said:

And that happened due to the government(s) not doing anything - because of a misunderstanding.

Wut? 

Archived