Morning or night person?

ChillaKilla

Are you a morning or night person?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a morning or night person?

• Morning person
    • Night person
    • I'm ambivalent
  2. 2. Morning people, what time of day do you prefer?

• Morning
    • Night
    • Day
    • Not a morning person
  3. 3. Night people, which time of day do you prefer?

• Morning
    • Night
    • Day
    • Not a night person

This poll is closed to new votes

ChillaKilla

So this is an EXTREMELY contentious issue :D very important! In this context, I'm using "morning/night person" to describe when you are more functional- for example, I like the night infinitely more, but I go to bed super early and while I'm no chipper fellow at the crack of dawn, I can get s**t done well and fast. So by my standards I'd call myself a morning person, but I would answer that I prefer night on question 2. Likewise, you can be a night person who likes sunrises more or whatever. What about you all?

Morning person. Past midnight I get pretty irritable. I get up without an alarm clock around 6:30 a.m. I prefer the morning to be out and about, but I do my best creative work at night, so I just put "morning" for preference.

Perissodactyla

I rise with the sun, so Early Bird.

I stay up until I am exhausted, so Night Owl.

= Early Owl, Night Bird. :D

Grumpy Alien

I don't know what I am. I'm always tired. I like mornings a lot more because the dark depresses me but I have great difficulty getting up in the morning... I can go to bed very early or very late. It just depends.

Starry Sky

I guess I would be a morning person who prefers night? I've always just considered myself both. Each one has it's benefits but as much as I like getting everything done with as early as possible, I love night time. That's why I rise early and to get things done. So I have the rest of the day and night to enjoy doing whatever I like :P

Silk Bones

Definitely a night person. I can't function that well until it's at least past 11 AM. Then once it hits 12 my activity level starts to rise and is at it's fullest by 2 PM. I tend to be more willing to go places and run errands as the daylight starts to fall, and usually like to stay up until 2 AM, 3 at it's latest. As much as I love the morning sky and the smell of fresh air, I can't bring myself to wake up so early all the time. 

I'm totally a night person. I hate waking up in the morning, it feels gross :'D I like the daytime, but the night is also very comforting. I always go to bed really late, so there's that too.... lol

I guess morning person. I'm usually very tired by 10 pm or so, and even on weekends and holidays I'm usually up by 8:30 am at the latest. I just prefer day time though.

I enjoy all times of the day. I really like sunlight though, so I consider myself more of a day person. :'D

I naturally wake up just as the sky is lightening into dawn. Since I almost always sleep with my window open, I usually wake up to birds singing. It is a very nice way to start the day :)  Mornings are also the time I engage in short daily meditation, which just ads another great layer to the sense of wellbeing. Makes for a good starting point.

Actually, both dawn and dusk are my absolute favorite times of the day, and though I do stay up late, on occasion, I'm definitely in the 'morning' camp.

I am definitely a night person.:D Although I have to admit that my inhibitions get a little lower during the night, I like it because I feel more comfortable and actually able to get work done without being stressed or distracted by the work of other people. I tend to feel more happier at night and everything just seems better for me! I'm not much of a people person so I guess I also like night time since everyone else is sleep and I can be alone without worrying about calls, texts, or other interruptions.

theinkstainedhands

I'm definitely a night person. I tend to be most creative and productive at night. Also, I would highly advise staying away from me during morning hours. :lol:

NerotheReaper

I am a strange one, I go to bed not late but not early. Then I wake up in the middle of the night with a sudden burst of energy, then after that burst is gone I go back to bed and wake up 8-9 in the morning. 

My body is weird

J. van Deijck

I'm mostly awake at night and I hate it. I wish I could just sleep for the whole night and wake up early because mornings are definitely my favourite part of a day. I'm just in love with mornings.

it messes up with me a bit because due to my work schedule I have one week when I start working at 6am until 2pm, then a week of working since 2pm to 10pm, then I work at morning again and it changes each week.

Guest Deus Ex Infinity

Considering my gloomy mood atm, it's beyond obvious that I'm much more of a afternoon/night person. Always have been.

I am kinda both...I have no problem getting up early in the morning, and I don't funktion very well, if I sleep in....

On the other Hand, I always stay up late most of the time, and I can work late at night without problems :D

Over the day I am often useless XD

I'm mostly morning person, but I also need to go to bed at a later time. It is a paradox, but I have more energy if I sleep less hours (definitely less than eight). Nevertheless, I really suffer by spring fatigue - nothing helps against this weird state. :D

Luftschlosseule

Night owl. Just because my eyes are open it doesn't mean I am awake. *shudders*

Anthracite_Impreza

100% night, I despise mornings and when I can sleep right through them. I only wake up properly about 8pm.

I used to be morning person, but now I'm just tired and sleepy of all the time, including night. I answered "ambivalent" because there wasn't an option for that.

I’m a night person. Not only do I prefer the night over the day I also often get an energy boost at night time and get rather motivated to get shit done. That’s why I have trouble falling asleep at an appropriate time and sleeping through too often for my liking.  
But I can function and be concentrated and efficient without any problems regardless of daytime. And that’s obviously necessary in a society that’s mostly based around morning- and daytime.

J. van Deijck
6 hours ago, otachi said:

now I'm just tired and sleepy of all the time, including night.

in fact, this is just me.

I think people call it dusk i like when it's not Not dark yet but getting dark to where you see everything but it's still dark the moons sometimes out but the sun probably just set. 

AwkwardAxolotl

I'm definitely a morning person. Most nights I'm asleep by 9, and most mornings I'm up before 5. I tend to be the most productive before noon.

I'm definitely not a morning person, but I don't really think I'm a night person either... anyways, my favorite time of the day is evening.. 

though if the sky is clear and I'm outside, then I like nights, because stars are nice, and right before sunrise is also nice... 

Spoiler

I used to really like walking to art class (I had that class in a different building then my other classes, so I had to walk there..) in winter in the morning, because it was just starting to get light, but it was still dark and I was tired, but also awake, and not tired enough to want to sleep, and the air was crisp... gave the feeling like it was 3 in the morning and the world was asleep, but you were awake and ahead, also like you were kinda alone, but not for long, it gave the feeling of quietness, even if it wasn't actually more quiet... 

I don't even know how to spell mohrnink parsen...

Archived