CNN caught again creating fake news.

Yatogami

Literally all mainstream news stations do this.

binary suns

which way is up? 

4 minutes ago, Retrobot said:

Literally all mainstream news stations do this.

Yet people still believe everything they say.

The protsters were off to the side, cops, which you can see in the shot, allowed a few people in frame to show their signs. No one was brought in as actors nor was this staged.

Just now, Maou-sama said:

Only the ignorant do. Most folks don't even watch the news.

Just now, MetalOvercoat said:

The protsters were off to the side, cops, which you can see in the shot, allowed a few people in frame to show their signs. No one was brought in as actors nor was this staged.

That is your assumption.The video even explained all over social media, people were angry at CNN for faking it. Im sure the people who saw it, knew more about what was going on than you do.

#irony

1 minute ago, Retrobot said:

I always talk about it though, to stop ignorant people from believing it. Since I've seen people on AVEN have an undying faith in the MSM.

This is mediate's article on the matter

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-rebuts-claim-they-set-up-a-pro-muslim-shot-during-london-aftermath/

According to this, the people were moved to the spot for the report because of the security cordon in place.

I always check 3-4 sources on any news story, since each media outlet has their own bias and to get a proper idea of it, I'd rather compare various takes. I remember during Katrina, every news source was showing video of some speeches at the time about it. And each one had a slightly different edit on the videos, making them seem just a bit different, depending on if they were conservative or liberal stations. 

A mere monkey

CNN and fake news? Shocker

23 hours ago, Maou-sama said:

After the London attacks, CNN was caught creating a fake Muslim "Protest". 

Fact check by Snopes: Their claim is FALSE. IMHO, that video is the fake news.

23 hours ago, Maou-sama said:

CNN is much more trustworthy than many.

19 hours ago, Maou-sama said:

Im sure the people who saw it, knew more about what was going on than you do.

#irony

This is hilarious :D

29 minutes ago, Kelly said:

Fact check by Snopes: Your claim is FALSE. You are spreading fake "news."

CNN is much more trustworthy than many. The real problem is that many people believe FOX, Lifesitenews, Breitbart, and their ilk, and they intentionally make up and spread lies.

What youre doing here is shifting the blame to the other side and defending your precious CNN, like its your baby. They are all guilty of bias and dishonesty. We already caught CNN lying. Remember that little black girl on CNN that was supposedly calling for the violence to stop, they painted her as a peacemaker when in reality she was telling them to "take that shit to the suburbs! Burn their shit!"

30 minutes ago, Kelly said:

You are spreading fake "news."

ya know, based on what I've heard, saying that to someone is grounds for at least a warn or a nudge...strange to see an Admin do that..

When I saw the title of the thread I decided to see what the fake news was about. Seeing the video, I'm starting to wonder and worry about what the makers may imply here. "CNN make blood thirsty Muslims look peaceful" or something along those lines?

As before I saw the snopes article, I had seen other evidence of protest\virgil in London by Muslims, which didn't really suprise me, so agree that the closest to fake news here is more editorial (i.e. those already there being arranged to make theirsigns visable). I have no idea about CNN and fake news but I think this is case of putting 2 and 2 together and getting 8.

Same happened with the Scottish Indy vote count when perfectly explainable stuff was shown and twisted into a conspiracy (i.e. video of a box full of votes dumped in the "No" pile when it was just dumped on a table to be sorted for counting).

5 minutes ago, YoNanna said:

What youre doing here is shifting the blame to the other side and defending your precious CNN, like its your baby. They are all guilty of bias and dishonesty. We already caught CNN lying. Remember that little black girl on CNN that was supposedly calling for the violence to stop, they painted her as a peacemaker when in reality she was telling them to "take that shit to the suburbs! Burn their shit!"

Good points. But some stations are more reliable than others. *fixes*

Just now, Kelly said:

Good points. But some stations are more reliable than others.

Well sure, But CNN is not one of those stations Miss Kelly

20 hours ago, Retrobot said:

News comes in many forums, sure most folks dont "watch" the news but a lot get their news from CNN tweets, CNN news articles etc. Dont misunderstand me, my metion of CNN does not mean I'm advocating for FOX and I think its interesting how many of you try to brush off the problem by shifting the spotlight to FOX as if to say "CNN's bad? oh yeah! Well FOX is bad too so there!" blame shifting from one invalid source to another invalid source is a fallacious argument

5 minutes ago, And Peggy said:

why do conservatives throw around "fake news" every time they see something they don't like

Why do liberals throw around "hate speech" every time they hear something they dont like?

25 minutes ago, And Peggy said:

why do conservatives throw around "fake news" every time they see something they don't like

18 minutes ago, YoNanna said:

Why do liberals throw around "hate speech" every time they hear something they dont like?

Because people are pretty similar in these things so both "sides" have people who do that, tempted to say everyone but thats probably not true. 

The majority of Muslims are against ISIS - an organisation which is more than happy to kill members of their own faith than any other. There have been protests against ISIS by Muslims but the media have ignored them - while this article is from 2015, it shows that the protests have been going on for some time.  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/muslim-anti-isis-march-not-covered-by-mainstream-media-outlets-say-organisers-a6765976.html

I refuse to alter my behaviour - Brits have their priorities...

pri_42167446_zpstcvzuojr.jpg

Spoilered for language

Spoiler

18920211_10155450851341683_3308756094834

Mostly Peaceful Ryan

I find CNN to be mostly unwatchable, with all the yelling and interrupting each other so I don't know many of their "fake news" but they have a pretty strong bias, so it is better to not use them as your only news outlet.

You know I really wish people knew the difference between real news and fake news.

CNN is real news

Fake news is something like Breitbart or youtube videos without sources.

In short, not everything on the internet is true.

3 hours ago, YoNanna said:

News comes in many forums, sure most folks dont "watch" the news but a lot get their news from CNN tweets, CNN news articles etc. Dont misunderstand me, my metion of CNN does not mean I'm advocating for FOX and I think its interesting how many of you try to brush off the problem by shifting the spotlight to FOX as if to say "CNN's bad? oh yeah! Well FOX is bad too so there!" blame shifting from one invalid source to another invalid source is a fallacious argument

I like how this had almost nothing to do with my post.

Liberals created the term "fake news" to counter the steam the right was gaining during the election of Trump. Trying to claim its the reason Trump won. Its solely a tactic to disrupt information that the average person knows. 

Real "Fake news" has been around forever, and has never been an issue before. Nor has the amount increased, as is pretty obvious to anyone with two brain cells whats fake. But by creating the narrative that fake news is rampant, they are capable of countering any legitimate argument without actual proof by simply claiming its fake.

lol liberals created the term fake news?  We didn't do that at all.  That was Trump because he's a whiny baby who doesn't like it when people call him out.

Just a note:

The term fake news and using it as a way to combat news stories has been around since the 1890s. Neither side coined the term, but both sides use it. 

Archived