Weird things you did as a kid, FOOD edition.

Yatogami

What kind of weird stuff did you do as a kid, that was food related?

I used to eat spoonfuls of butter, and drink coffee creamer straight from the fridge. :D 

One time when I was little I thought it'd be a good idea to put some marshmallows in between two slices of bread...a marshmallow sandwich.

It was fucking disgusting

1 minute ago, Nai said:

One time when I was little I thought it'd be a good idea to put some marshmallows in between two slices of bread...a marshmallow sandwich.

Reveal hidden contents

XD almost as bad as a pure cream cheese sandwich... the only difference is that the cream cheese sandwich was good. xD (Totally doesn't still eat that to this day >.>)

I microwaved a sandwich consisting of a single slice of american 'cheese' and honey.

It was delicious.

NerotheReaper

I used to eat bread and dip pieces into ketchup, don't know why though :D 

Yinlotus93

B/c I saw my dad do it, eat baking powder. (it fizzes when you eat it, thought that was cool)

I used to love eating burnt flour tortillas.

Constantly mixed numerous fruit juices and sodas. (I was experimenting with flavors :lol:)

I'd gnaw on rib bones when i'd eat bbq b/c I thought if the dogs liked chewing them so much, then it must be good. (child logic lol)

1 minute ago, Yinlotus93 said:

B/c I saw my dad do it, eat baking powder. (it fizzes when you eat it, thought that was cool)

I used to love eating burnt flour tortillas.

Constantly mixed numerous fruit juices and sodas. (I was experimenting with flavors :lol:)

I'd gnaw on rib bones when i'd eat bbq b/c I thought if the dogs liked chewing them so much, then it must be good. (child logic lol)

I used to think eating bone marrow made me cool. xD 

I used to pretend I was a Looney Toons villain when I ate Kraft Mac and Cheese because the noodles look like tiny sticks of dynamite. Because a lot of dynamite seems to be consumed in Looney Toons. 

I put butter on a hot dog bun and put it in the microwave. I remember it tasting pretty good.

Yinlotus93

Oh man, once when my bro and sis and I were little, we thought it be a good idea to have a pickle juice tea party. (it was not. we all got sick before long) XD

13 minutes ago, FranciumSenpai said:

I liked to eat icing straight from the tub. I also tried to eat expired yogurt once.

I'll admit I used to eat spoonfuls of frosting when making cake of any sort. I also ate batter, raw cookie dough, etc. 

Never once got salmonella. 

There was one time, I ate an entire pie before I realized it was covered in a thin layer of mold. Didn't get sick though. :P 

I ate cocoa powder once because it smelled like chocolate, so I thought it would taste like chocolate too. This experiment was never repeated. 

I would drink/eat juice in a teaspoon, pretending I was taking medicine. That was also Looney Toon's influence. Huh. I'm going to go watch Looney Tunes now. 

1 minute ago, Gloomy said:

I put butter on a hot dog bun and put it in the microwave. I remember it tasting pretty good.

Throw some cinnamon sugar on microwaved butter bread... and its american style faerie bread. Its pretty good. 

Just now, Scribbles said:

I would drink/eat juice in a teaspoon, pretending I was taking medicine. That was also Looney Toon's influence. Huh. I'm going to go watch Looney Tunes now. 

Yeah, I did that too. I don't think it was for Looney Toons related reasons, though. 

LightsShineBright
20 minutes ago, Yinlotus93 said:

Haha did the same.

Also, mixed milk, chocolate and juice powders with soda. Child me can't decide so why not have it all. (It was disgusting tbh but chugged anyway cause mom was watching.)

I gave a TON of foreign food a go, because I saw it on TV and thought it would be awesome. Sushi among them, along with me trying to cook certain failures that I will never speak of again.

TheLittleRabbit

I would use cookie cutters on slices of bread and put icing on them when I wanted to make cookies for people but wasn't old enough to use the stove yet.

I would mix anything into mashed potatoes.  Cranberry sauce, corn, etc.

I made mustard and olive sandwiches(coming from a family where olive sandwiches weren't a thing).

Oh, and the best thing I did (but didn't eat) was mix everything in the cabinet (like vinegar, vanilla essence, baking powder and various other things) and then fed it to my twin brother in a syringe. He has no recollection of this though lol

happilyirrelevant

I would eat a lot of ketchup, like half a bowlful of just plain ketchup. 

Yinlotus93

Would dip bananas in sugar and eat it. (no wonder i got cavities back then :redface:)

Would never eat apple sauce without one of those baby safety spoons (I honestly thought they were 'apple sauce spoons' haha)

LightsShineBright
20 minutes ago, FranciumSenpai said:

Oh, and the best thing I did (but didn't eat) was mix everything in the cabinet (like vinegar, vanilla essence, baking powder and various other things) and then fed it to my twin brother in a syringe. He has no recollection of this though lol

Haha did the same to my sister. It was with wine, beer, vodka and soda though (left behind at our uncle's birthday). She just drank it all.

My brother and I were convinced the water from the bathroom faucet tasted better than the kitchen faucet XD, probably more concentration of some metals, but I digress...

Red wine vinegar straight out of the bottle.  It was in fancy bottle and was called wine so I thought I was being cool.  Instead i got a belly ache.  Still love the stuff but I dilute it now with oil and spices. 

"Hmm, it's 3am and I'm starving. I think I'll go eat some toothpaste."

"I wonder what this sand tastes like."

-takes wrapper off BabyBel- -bites- "Wait, that red food was wax? And you're supposed to remove it?"

Skycaptain

I'd eat dry muesli, as even as a child I hated the smell and taste of milk 

I always put mustard on boiled potatoes 

I used to like to pretend I was mixing potions. I'd mix together all the liquids in my fridge, and enjoy the different colors and stuff. One time I mixed ketchup and root beer, and my dad was so upset about my wasting food, he made me drink it. It was REPULSIVE.

Skycaptain, most things taste better with mustard. Well, maybe not most things. Most non-sweet things though, definitely. I wonder how unsweetened peanut butter would taste with mustard?

5 hours ago, Nai said:

Reveal hidden contents

there's a common type of sandwich here (mostly for kids) that is basically that.. 

Spoiler

CeON1XhXEAAT54V.jpg

as a kid I really liked popcorn shrimp, and I'd eat it with chocolate ice cream... it was incredibly good... 

I thought the lemon juice (as in pour lemon juice, not lemonade) was actually meant for drinking and it was also one of my favorite drinks and I'd beg my parents to buy it for me as though it was candy... 

I used to eat sweet waffles microwaved with cheese and ham... it wasn't bad just a bit weird :P

Archived