Is my girlfriend asexual?

confused_partner

confused_partner

Hi everyone, just found this today and trying to learn more.

My [21M] girlfriend [18F] and I have been dating for about 4 months now, and while since it hasn't been long it's not a huge issue, I'm starting to wonder. She's never been in a relationship before, so she's still trying to figure herself out, and I want to try to help her. She's never had a "crush" on anyone at all before me, and even with me she's described it as just "wanting to talk" to me whenever I was in the room, so it seems like it wasn't at all about sexual attraction. She loves physical intimacy (cuddling, kissing, holding hands) which seems different from a lot of the situations I've seen on this forum (although I know there's a wide range of asexuality out there), but she just describes having a "mental block" when it comes to anything more. We haven't done much at all that would be considered sexual, and we have to stop after not too long because she gets "tired" although I can tell that her body at least gets pleasure from the touching. She's very confused, as she says part of her wants to but part doesn't, and I'm worried that the part that wants to is just wanting to for my sake and not at all for hers.

I'm so incredibly in love with her, and she's the absolute perfect person for me, so I don't want anything more in the world than for this to work out between us. I know this isn't much to go on, but does this sound to you like someone who is asexual? Or, given that she's still young, it's early in the relationship, and she's figuring herself out, is it possible this is just part of her growing up, and she could move on from this sometime?

Thank you for any insight you can give me

Maybe you could show this forum and some asexual resources to her to start a conversation on this subject. No one besides her can tell if she is asexual.

• Like 2

remember that it is ok to be confused.