New, slightly confused but ready to make some friends!?

Caketin

Hello everyone!

To get straight to the point, I'm still unsure of what or who I am but after reading other people's stories here, things are starting to become more clear. I can relate to a lot of you and it's odd because I've never had that before. The problem is I'm always doubting myself and changing my mind, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to accept a label or be open publicly about it. I know that I've felt different all my life, never been interested in boys, never really had a crush and I'm basically a pro at rejecting male advances in the politest (or if nessecary, rudest) ways. It seems pretty straight forward but the thing is I've never been in a relationship so I just don't know for sure. 

Anyway, I'm new here and I'd like to meet like minded individuals. I'm just finishing my first year of university and now I have tons of really awesome friends that I love dearly. However, as far as I'm aware, I've never had a friend like me so it'd be great to be able to talk to someone who understands, especially someone close to my own age (I'm 20). 

Thanks for reading, I'm glad to be here. 

Welcome to AVEN! :cake: Thank you for sharing your story, and I'm glad you found your way here! : ) You'll definitely find a lot of people that can relate to you!! You're not alone. I'm similar with doubting myself...but asexual felt so right to me and fit so perfectly, that I've stuck with it. So maybe you'll find one as well, but there's no rush, and there's nothing wrong with changing labels (or not using one at all!). Take your time exploring, and I hope you enjoy being a member!

Now, for some more helpful information about the site, in addition to my welcome (and cake):

Spoiler

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Image result for yummy cake

Archived